Fotos almost all in, here are some from Sunday's race

barefoot.zumba.runner

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2010
they're small, but it's better than nothing I guess. I could buy them for $10 a pop, but I'm too cheap :p

Pre-race

no clue how far in, maybe halfway?

nearing the finish

sprinting in the last mile

up a hill

up a hill

I do too, not sure there's a

I do too, not sure there's a way to resize them on their site unfortunately even to just look at them. Sort of silly if you ask me, how would I know if I want to purchase it or not based on something so small?

Foot is still hurting, not as swollen as it was yesterday thank goodness. Just trying to keep it up as much as possible and trying to not over use any other muscles being worked to compensate for lack of pressure on that part of the foot. I think I'm more sore from hobbling around than I am from the actual race :p

Great Pictures, nice smile.

Great Pictures, nice smile. It is easy to pick out the BFR, look for the smile!

Hope that foot is doing better. I hear you on the hobbling making you more sore.

hey, great! I can see now

hey, great! I can see now that you weren't exagerating when you talked about skipping and hopping and having fun :D

What happened to the shades in the one foto?

Also, I always attach the bib # to my leg - when I plan to take off my shirt during the race. Just saying. I see you went half way.

Oh, and the photo services are always like that. At least yours aren't watermarked.

Last thing - the woman with the visor to your right in the second row of pics looks like a poster child for Nikasibrookadi. I mean the form, caused by her foot coffins. It's what I looked like about ten years ago.

Good job Zumba.  Hope things

Good job Zumba. Hope things straighten around quickly for your foot! Do you think this was a case of Too Fast Too Soon as opposed to TMTS or do you feel they are the same thing? I guess what I am asking is if you had completed the race at your regular training pace do you think you would have experienced your foot pain? Don't get me wrong I usually compete with myself to run a race faster than predicted but it seems like every time I come down with the little nagging pains. They usually follow a race or training runs where I exceeded my race training pace. I am nursing a calf thing almost two weeks after a trail half in which I placed for my age group and 18th overall in which I finished close to my conventional shoe day's race paces. I personally feel some of this is all a part of the process but sometimes I take myself right to the edge of this might not be very smart and pay for it for a bit. It's a good pain though let's you know you got out and did something. Take care.

lmbo Willie, I was thinknig

lmbo Willie, I was thinknig the same thing...painfully looking heel strike there. I think the clouds started rolling in and I was sweating under my Jackie O's so just put them on top of my head for a bit to cool my face off.:p The shirt wasn't really race wear, too long and got super stretched out so I just tucked it up have way through. Thought for sure they'd have snagged a shot of me doing the Roger Rabbit:p

Larry, foot is feeling a little better than yesterday though still pretty painful. We'll see what doc says.

Hey Sole, you snuck in on me. I think that it is definitely a too much too soon sort of thing. I'm still trying to figure out how to run as gently quickly and must not have the foot strength there to withstand the extra force involved in moving faster. I've definitely got the slow gentle foot strike thing nailed, and know that if I hadn't gotten cocky and danced around like a kid, ran fast, and worked hard on all of those hills, my foot would be fine. Though it was bugging me a little last week so wonder if I was heading toward a hairline fracture and this just put me over the edge. Who knows. Hope your calf is feeling better soon, it's hard not to see it coming when you are flooded with adrenalin, eh?

Look at your bad-ass self. 

Look at your bad-ass self. You go girl!

Great pics, Zumba!

Great pics, Zumba!

Zumba didn't mean to sneak up

Zumba didn't mean to sneak up on you not that I get the feeling that happens very often. I registered on the coming soon BRS website a few weeks ago and was happy to get the login invite last weekend. I am enjoying the feel of the site and the cast of characters. Adrenalin is good! Nice pics by the way. Keep pushing on!

Sweet pics!I'm glad Willie

Sweet pics!

I'm glad Willie asked the question about the shades since that was the first thing that caught my eye.

Nice to see you over Sole

Nice to see you over Sole :)

Well, the shades are a bit obvious...big old red sunglasses:p

Fotos are finished, you can

Fotos are finished, you can click on them to enlarge the pic on this page http://www.marathonfoto.com/order_my_photos.cfm?RaceOID=24012010S1&LastName=BUTTON-SWENSON&BibNumber=7581&Language=en&Mailing=24699&BFI=mr2qgpdwhb&Frames=true&Flash=true&FlashVersion=10&Height=1050&Width=1680&Index2Home=true

I get a kick out of the faces of the other runners, and those staring at my feet :p

haha Willie, sadly I can't

haha Willie, sadly I can't save the blown up versions...just the little guys

no kidding Fetish, little spendy for me.