Foot wear advice

Hi fellow barefooters. I havent posted here much, been busy running and helping my sister get married, but ive been doing some barefooting 2-3 times a week and around 5-8km, usually with the vibrs in hand in case i get too sore.

Anyway i keep getting blisters in 2 particular spots, mainly on my left foot, one on the front inside of the ball, and one on my second biggest toe which is longer than my big toe. Ive read kb's book and try to lift my toe when i land and it mat be getting better.

Ive attached photos, you can tell my left foot as its much worse.

Does anyone have any idea if im doing something wrong here that i could address?

Cheers

Sam

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: Sid
Hi Samuel. I am in no way a form expert or have any idea about what I am talking about most of the time, but I would say those are common sore spots in the beginning. What I would suggest is to give your feet some time to heal. Those spots will toughen up with time. Vary your running surfaces and play with your pace. Those spots get sore on my feet if I try to push the pace on harder surfaces. Hope this helps.

Reactions: dharmadan
No expert here either. However, I've had my fair share of scrapes and soreness ranging from technique, form, conditioning, imbalances, weaknesses, inflexibility. Could be anything. Sometimes, time sorts it out. Sometimes, it takes a few months or years to figure it out. In my personal experience, years of shoe-wearing can cause insidious problems that can take years to reverse.