Foot Kiss

C-Dog

Barefooters
Jun 22, 2010
So, I have been running for 5 months now (all barefoot/minimalist) and I still can't figure out the whole running silently thing. I currently weigh in at about 250 Lbs though, so could that be why I am not so silent? My feet don't hurt while running (except on trails because my heel taps rocks), and I have run 2 5K races and up to 40 minutes w/o walking. I think my form is OK, my cadence is probably a little slow, but it's between 170-185 all the time. Any good ideas to work on landing silently, or should I just keep running and losing weight and the noise will take care of itself?

just keep going and let it

just keep going and let it work itself out. the run silent thing is more of a guideline than a rule, at least for me it is. not everyone can run silent, fast, slow, long, etc. we're all different so dont let something like your feet making some noise get you down or distract you. it sounds like you're doing great so just focus on that and enjoy the run.

If it's any consolation my

If it's any consolation my husband weighed in at a cool 129 lbs the other day and he sounds like a herd of elephants when he runs barefoot. I don't think it's really your weight - more your style and form.

I sound like someone getting

I sound like someone getting slapped repeatedly with a fish across the face when I run, and I'm doing just fine. If it feels good to run the way you do, don't worry about it.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test