Foot Going-ons Report, w/e Nov. 7

Tues morning - 6.16 miles (5

Tues morning - 6.16 miles (5 on soft sand)

Wed morning - 7.56 on sidewalk

My running buddy today said she was describing me to her sister and told her I'm the guy that looks like Jesus but with great calves. Is that a compliment? I'm a bit more clean shaven now though.

Thanks Zum-So far running BF

Thanks Zum-

So far running BF seems to help rather than hurt, so I'm going to just keep going out looking like the Michelin Man around the middle until my feet tell me otherwise. :)

Tuesday: temperature in the

Tuesday: temperature in the lower 40s I think. I ran 1 mile with huaraches+socks and barefoot for another 2 miles. I think I could have gone barefoot earlier, maybe after less than 10 min.

Wednesday: 3 miles on dreadmill wearing huaraches and resulting in my first blood blister :-(

Next run will be my 10k on Sunday. It will be my first race and I'm pretty excited about it!

Ran 4.4 this morning in my

Ran 4.4 this morning in my VFF Bikilas. I have a bruise on the ball of my left foot from accidentally kicking the curb on my run Saturday, so this will be my last run barefoot or in the VFFs until it heels, it was sore during today's run! Friday's run will be in my Free 3.0s, and our Saturday run is a trail run, so I'll be in my NB MT-100s.

I actually have a cut on the

I actually have a cut on the ball of my foot that is healing. Today I am off and have business to attend to so I think tomorrow I will go out in my VfFs just to give it more time to heal properly.

Can't wait to be able to go BF again. It is funny how after doing it a few times one can get hooked so quickly. It feels so different and I do like it!

I think having run in VFFs first was a help because of the calf thing. I had some trouble with them for a bit. I got some compression sleeves and sometimes use compression hose that I have cut the feet off of. That helps a lot , too.

Out to go to a meeting for a group called "Girls On the Run". Google it up . It's very cool. The end of the semester the kids do a 5k. I plan to assistant coach a group this spring.

Peanut

Isn't it amazing!

Isn't it amazing!

Short runs Monday (1.5) and

Short runs Monday (1.5) and Tuesday (2?) but yesterday I stood in Zems all day and bugged a bruise on the bottom of my foot. I remember coming down hard on an out of whack piece of sidewalk (in the dark) Monday night. It's very annoying. I am actually wearing shoes from my shoe shrine (790's) to cushion the bruise.

2x6.5 so far after two weeks

2x6.5 so far after two weeks of no running. I'll be minimal outside until sometime in April most likely, it's not so much the cold yet, it's the gravel they've spread all over the bike paths for traction that makes me want to wear shoes. I might get a gym membership though to be able to do some of my runs bare.

A couple of runs on

A couple of runs on Thursday

Morning - 7+ bf miles through Downtown San Diego

Evening - 4 Luna miles in the dark around Torrey Pines

haha Shack, er Jesos:pI

haha Shack, er Jesos:p

I swear I thought I'd run more than once this week though today's it I think?I am starting to lose track

Monday rest

Tuesday 2hr zumba

Wednesday 1hr zumba

Thursday rest

Friday 1hr zumba, 4.5mi run in adizero flats (I felt like such a traitor, first shod run since March)

Saturday 1hr belly dance, 11mi run (planned)

Ok. So for me...Sunday (Oct

Ok. So for me...

Sunday (Oct 31) Did a mud run and ran 3.1 miles in VFFs

Thursday Night (Nov 4) - Did a sunset run barefoot for 4 miles and another mile in my VFFs. Was BF on a new route with newly laid asphalt on the road. Had to keep my form impeccable to avoid slicing my feet up. It looked smooth, but oh hell no, it wasn't! It was some serious stuff. The sidewalk wasn't much better with round and jabby prickles to step on. Arggggh.

Won't get to run again until Sunday. :~

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test