Flipbelt - for carrying cell phone, keys, huaraches, etc.

PB Junkie

Barefooters
Oct 31, 2011
Idaho
I followed the suggestion on another site about using a flipbelt for carrying a cell phone:

www.flipbelt.com

They are basically a stretchy polyester type belt you put around your waist or hips to carry things. Put your phone, keys, huaraches, whatever in the openings, then flip it over. Your items stay put.

Got my flipbelt yesterday and used it on a 4 mile run last night. My Iphone 4 with Otterbox Defender case fit in it without much trouble. The belt stayed put and I didn't even know it was there.

I ordered two, one in XL for winter and one in L for summer. I should have gone with L and M. No problem, their customer service is phenomenal. They sent a return label today and I'll be getting a different size shortly.

This is a small company in Colorado. I think they have a great product and a great company. I highly recommend them if you need an unobtrusive way to carry things.

Just ordered one for myself, looked on the website and seems to work well from what I was reading. Customer service seems to be very good hopefully it'll get to me in the UK by next week. I might finally be able to get rid of the annoying phone armband thing that doesn't want to stay in place.

Why not simply wear pants? They already come with pockets to carry stuff, and none of the detriments of going naked.

Why not simply wear pants? They already come with pockets to carry stuff, and none of the detriments of going naked.

I prefer not to wear pants. It puts a kink in my "minimalist" approach. ;)

This is nice. I have a spi-belt but it looks super goofy as it rides up to just below my ribcage so I don't wear it if I go shirtless.
This might be an option here.

For winter, its actually more comfortable for me to put my phone in the flipbelt than in my pocket.

In summer, I wear shorts without pockets for many of my training runs, so I need some way to carry my phone.

For winter, its actually more comfortable for me to put my phone in the flipbelt than in my pocket.

In summer, I wear shorts without pockets for many of my training runs, so I need some way to carry my phone.
not to mention that pockets have a tendency (at least for me) to let stuff bounce...and that drives me nuts after the first 50m

hhhmmm....wonder if the Hoo-Rag I just won will work for this...

cool tool. would work well with a free pair of lontras. like the ones i just won.

Looks nifty! When I first looked on youtube, I came across this and was a bit confused, but then I found the correct video.
hahahahahahahaha....that is cooler than the OPs subject!!!
No offense PB :p

Reactions: PB Junkie