Five Mile BF Run!

DavidP

Barefooters
May 12, 2010
North Carolina, USA
Brag alert...

Today I ran five BF miles on asphalt with no blisters and only some mild tenderness at my usual blistering 12min pace. My previous BF distance was a little over 3 miles, though I've run 6 miles in Bikilas.

At about 3.5 miles I started noticing some 3rd toe tenderness which means I'm pushing off. I have to really concentrate to keep a quick lift. I know I have a lot to work on, but this means I'm doing something right and I'm pretty darned thrilled with myself.

David

Congrats, David!  I'm

Congrats, David!

I'm trying to get back there. 5 miles was my longest continuous BF run before my bout of tendonitis started up this spring. I'm back to doing walk/run intervals again for now. Just happy to be back at it. :)

Love your pace! That's something I can hang with. Where are you in NC? If in the Raleigh area, we should get together for a run!

Peace,

Karen

Congrats, David!

Congrats, David!

Excellent, David.  I always

Excellent, David. I always think of 5 miles as a great milestone. And running for an hour is a sign that you are doing well form-wise.

Sorry to interupt your

Sorry to interupt your programming...

Barefoot Larry is the Chapter President for North Carolina. He may need a little help. Why don't you PM him to see if you all can arrange a meetup.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Fantastic job David! I agree,

Fantastic job David! I agree, 5mi is an awesome milestone in barefooting. Adding mileage seems to go much more quickly after this point, continue to use your sore spots as feedback. Run light, run wise, run happy!