Five Fingers going to Hell

Been using Vffs for about a

Been using Vffs for about a year. I have two pair. Unless Zems comes out with something better I will probably wear them until they are worn almost through. So far they are doing well.

Just did some Barefoot recently and loved it but must use Vffs because of the cold.

I like them and I run correctly in them.

However, I am very interested to see what Zems comes up with for running.

I do hope they make something that is useful in the cold and snow!

Fortunately I have an indoor track I can go to once in a while to run BF this winter but do so prefer outdoors!!!!!!!

Jimmy Hart wrote:in fact the

Jimmy Hart said:
in fact the first lady I spoke with stopped me after a few minutes of talking and said "who are you? like who are you with or who have you talked to to get the info you have" my response "i'm the dude" Abide that was for you :)

Or el duderino, you know if your into the whole brevity thing.

Ran a 50k in my Vibram Treks

Ran a 50k in my Vibram Treks for the first time today. They felt fine until around the 30k mark and then I started having problems.

A hot spot on my left forefoot had me limping on the uphills, rubbing on the inner insole of left foot caused some bleeding, and I also ended up with a couple gnarly blisters on the toes of my right foot. Maybe I should have worn injinji socks.

I wore  my Treks in a little

I wore my Treks in a little 7 mile xc race on Saturday and they were great for digging my toes in on the slippery hills and creekbanks. I did wear injinis though. They are a nice tool.

Crazy Shacky wearing them for the first time in a race...

I've done the same thing with

I've done the same thing with each pair of mine. My current KSOs have got about 1100 miles on them with rips in the fabric that were acquired in the first 50 - worry not!

I just scored a pair of

I just scored a pair of sprints for $55, and I feel in love with Five Fingers all over again. For one it's winter, and two the sprints fit incredible. I have a pair of KSO's which I bought two years, have about 600 miles on them. The KSO's are a 43, and I bought the sprints in a 43, the sprints are definitely tighter, but the fit is more form fitting. My pinky toe actually fits in the sprints, plus I can notice more a ground feel with the sprints. The KSO's have a 2mm lining in them that the sprints don't have. Im still sold on Five Fingers.

Whoa! Maybe that's why I hate

Whoa! Maybe that's why I hate VFFs! My KSOs have always felt wrong, like they don't fit the ball of my foot perfectly. They're a bit roomy, to fit socks in. But I've never worn socks in them because I hate them so what the heck? Probably that's why I stick to every other kind of non-molded minimal shoe.

Glad you love yours though.

Maybe I'll try Sprints someday...maybe. If I can get better at ordering the right size for my bad self. I really don't have the patience to find a size that fits because they fit so exactly with your foot. I'll raise my hand and say I'm an inadept shoe-buyer. I won't deny it! :drunk:

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090