First week in December Mileage (w/e 12/5)

monday 4 miles barewednesday

monday 4 miles bare

wednesday 5 miles in VFF's

friday 2 miles in VFF's

sunday 16 miles in VFF's

27 miles total. with some crossfit type stuff every day but saturday

10 miles today in sprints,

10 miles today in sprints, which stunk. 24 degrees out.

First time in a long time that I had to wear footwear, felt clumsy and really out of sync, but will adapt. About 7 minutes into the run, I scrapped my toe, and ripped a hole on top of the big toe material. I just bought these sprints a few days ago. I am going to try to return them saying they just tore on their own, if not oh well. I can't wait for March.

Busy week at work, so I only

Busy week at work, so I only got in two runs. I did 5mi on Wednesday and this morning I woke up early and went on my longest run yet.....9mi! I'm going to Long Beach for work this week and I don't think I'll have much time to run. However, my plan is to get at least one run in along the beach. This morning I actually woke up around 530 and found myself looking forward to running. I tried to go back to sleep until the sun came up, but that didn't work. By 7am I was out the door. I must be doing something right though because two weeks ago I ran 7.5mi in 1:18 and this mornings run was 1:17.

Wednesday 12/1: 1.5 miles

Wednesday 12/1: 1.5 miles barefoot in the snow Thursday 12/2: 3 miles barefoot in a fun run, clean but wet roads, snowy sidewalks with lots of rock salt. Pushing double stroller with both kids in it. Saturday 12/4: 4.75 miles (1 mile in VFF Flows, the rest barefoot) on dry roads. Took an "ice bath" in a small pile of snow afterward.

18.4 miles this week, all

18.4 miles this week, all barefoot except a 0.6 mile sprint to the elementary school to pick up my kid. My second biggest week since I started tracking mileage in October.

While I've definitely had bigger weeks in the (shod) past, right now I am pleased with how easy it is for me to toss off a four- or five-mile run. I just go.

tjj2000 wrote:...  bizarre

tjj2000 said:
... bizarre measurements mi and F; why don´t you use km and C like OTHER world ; )

ugg seriously, try having to live with it. I say give us 10 years and we might be as cool as the rest of you and use units that actually make sense.

Adam, I'm right there. I just

Adam, I'm right there. I just got back from an 8mi run in my adizero flats and it was just awkward. Squished toes, form felt off (may have been the icy/snowy paths too..not used to uneven terrain).

On a good note, it's 9 degrees feels like-7 with the windchill and I stayed absolutely warm :) Hoping that once I'm in some VFFs I'll be good to go, warm and happier feet.

ajb422 wrote:tjj2000

ajb422 said:
tjj2000 said:
... bizarre measurements mi and F; why don´t you use km and C like OTHER world ; )
ugg seriously, try having to live with it. I say give us 10 years and we might be as cool as the rest of you and use units that actually make sense.

Well, km and the other distance units make a lot of sense. But C is just as arbitrary as F. If we were really getting serious, we'd use K.

I ran at 277K today!

Zumba - regarding post over

Zumba - regarding post over at pg 1....thanks, and friend is doing fine. We plan to make this a yearly Turkey day trip with all sorts of alternatives for those interested in running the Sea to Sea Trail (BRS event????). A few volunteer vehicles will be on hand and we should be able to support people who wish to run the entire 140 miles, those who wish to run partial, and even those who wish to do a relay. Should be fun.

During today's run, a friend and I were talking about researching fastpacking and perhaps fastpack the entire 140 miles. His max distance is 50 miles and mine is 34 so both of us have some work to do.

Sat - 16 bf miles on pavement. This is about my limit for the paved stuff. Could have done a bit more but feet were getting pretty sensitive

Sun - 14 VFF Trek miles on the trails. Was hoping for 20 but the achilles started acting up at the end so played it safe. During the run we heard some water and went to investigate. Found a killer waterfall and some nice pools of water. Took off the shoes and waded around a bit in the icy water.

~55 miles total for the week.

stomper wrote: Well, km and

stomper said:
Well, km and the other distance units make a lot of sense. But C is just as arbitrary as F. If we were really getting serious, we'd use K. I ran at 277K today!

I'm totally in for using Kelvin! I can just see trying to convince other people of that though. I think we'd be totally outvoted.

Shacky, sounds like an

Shacky, sounds like an excellent tradition and great way to start off the holidays with a big ol ultra :)

My biggest BF week ever:

My biggest BF week ever: 18.1mi BF in four days/24.6mi total

Thurs 4.6 mi BF

Saturday 9 mi snowy, muddy trail run 4.5 BF/4.5 flats

Sunday- 11 mi crazy muddy trail run (too muddy for shoes, not another runner/walker in sight!)

First 2 miles in my new speedo water shoes- they peeled off in the mud so I left them on the trail and just continued to run and ended up doing 9 BF. I nearly doubled my farthest BF distance and nothing hurts!

Fastpacking is my dream

Fastpacking is my dream vacation with hubby!

No running on Sunday due to overwhelming obligations, so just a few miles for last week (plus some gym sessions). Floor started going in in daughter's brand new (new construction) bedroom. Molding and baseboards and door and it's done.

Wowza, Chris!  84

Wowza, Chris! 84 miles!!!!

I'm back from my foot injury! I started back running on Friday and got in 13 miles this week. I spent Saturday morning running with an area podiatrist that met with me in the morning and filmed me running around a track. It was hovering just around freezing, and I did most of our 6 mile run bare.

Fastpacking... hmm... I used to be a really strong backpacker, but never got into the ultralight craze. I haven't gone out since I was around 6 months pregnant with kid #1. We're going to do some backpacking in summer 2011 finally. My 7 year old tried on an internal frame backpack in the store this fall. They threw some climbing ropes in for her, and she was strutting around the store, babbling like crazy about how much fun it was going to be to carry a tent into the forest on her back. We're going to see if it goes on sale after Christmas and buy it for her for her birthday.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts