First trail run

I have never done a trail

I have never done a trail run, yet because of the snow but I'm sure it is amazing! Just wait until you take the VFF off then it'll be even better!

I did my first trail run back

I did my first trail run back in December. I only planned to do a couple miles, but ended up doing around 5 or 6 completely barefoot. It was pretty spectacular! So much easier and much more fun than my chip and seal bike path runs. The ground was all soft and mushy from a recent rain which made it all the more enjoyable amazingly enough. I'm trying to figure out how I can get myself out there on these trails more often this summer.

Zap I wish I had trails like

Zap I wish I had trails like that around here. 5-6 miles of trails would be heaven to me. I live close to downtown Flint so it's a concrete everywhere *sigh*

dmcchesney wrote:Zap I wish I

dmcchesney said:
Zap I wish I had trails like that around here. 5-6 miles of trails would be heaven to me. I live close to downtown Flint so it's a concrete everywhere *sigh*
Well... ya'll don't have fences in your backyards out there, right? Can't you just run the "backyards" Hahaaha!

Zap- 3rd most dangerous city

Zap- 3rd most dangerous city in America, I barley trust it to run on the streets let alone barkyards, I might get shot for busting up drugs deals or something!

Jason- I would if I could trust me

I love barefoot trail

I love barefoot trail running and gravel trail, my avatar pic is my gravel trail path going into the woods, barefoot on gravel feels like a foot massage, awesome running. There are alot of trails here in the hills of East Tennessee ;)

My very first ever BF run,

My very first ever BF run, which was my first run after a 27 year break, was on a trail. I didn't know anything about BF but what I read in BTR and a couple of forays into BFKenBob's site. As it turned out, that's still my favourite trail. It's a wonderful mix of dirt, sand, roots, the occasional small rocks and weeds. Trail bikes keep it pretty well open and thorn free. I was just kind of blessed to have chosen that as a first run, I think.

Joseph you said it best.  You

Joseph you said it best. You were blessed to have that trail as are the rest of us who have access to trails. Man, my heart goes out to the city bound like dmc in Flint, Michigan. RESPECT for staying BF in hostile environments like that.

We're dragging the boat up to

We're dragging the boat up to a lake that borders Georgia and South Carolina this week. It's spring break here for the kids. I won't be on the site for 2 to 4 days. We will be staying in a cabin, boating, making smores by the campfire, and TRAIL RUNNING SOME AWESOME TRAILS! I will try not to kill any more geese this time though, but I can't promise anything. By the time I get up there though, they will probably have all gotten the beak that I'm back and flown "out of town." (Get it? Beak? Ha!)