First Half Marathon (race) report

barefoot.zumba.runner

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2010
Throughout the entire race, I felt very energized and strong. Had a LOT of fun, running and skipping around (literally in some spots, I was kicking up my heels lol). Though I probably ran faster than I should have (though it's still much slower than my shoe pace) and got a little too cocky sprinting in the last mile, (not sure what chip time is yet, but I came in around 2:11) but my foot is really sore though, to put any pressure on it. I'm hoping it's just sore and not a stress fracture (though I have sneaking suspicion that it is :( ). I'll rest it for the week, maybe do some gardening and belly dance but that's it. I was the only one barefoot (thought Oso Norte was going to be there in VFF's though didn't see him). Did talk to about 10 different people through out the event about barefoot running though, they seemed interested. I hope I was able to put in a good plug, some of them had heard of barefoot running and were considering it. After seeing me there enjoying myself, I think they're a little more convinced ;)

Overall, great event...just bummed I may have injured myself. I just felt conflicted with my own body, my legs and cardiovascular system wanted to rock and roll, but my feet weren't ready for that I guess and I failed to listen to the pain. Learning experience.

Thanks Wendy. I'm not sure

Thanks Wendy. I'm not sure this is just tofp, I can't put any pressure on that foot right now...barely hobbling along on it and it seems to be a tad swollen :(

Going to rest and heal myself before getting back out there. I'm already craving another barefoot run...sigh. Patience, something to be said about it I guess.

I'm sure all you'll need is

I'm sure all you'll need is some rest.

Great job on the half and the BFR promotion!

Glad you had a great time,

Glad you had a great time, Zumba! Sorry to hear your foot is not cooperating with you though. Hopefully some recoup time is all you need. Please keep us posted.

Sorry about that, Zum!  I'm

Sorry about that, Zum! I'm still kick-ass proud of you though. Put some ice on it and let us know how you feel tomorrow.

Hey Zum - how did the

Hey Zum - how did the fund-raising go? Glad you had such a great time with the run, I'm sure you're a good ambassador(ette) for BFR :D

Sorry about your foot, keep us updated on the progress. Don't think "stress fracture", think "purple heart" and stay positive!

Congrats on a great race Zum!

Congrats on a great race Zum! I remember how much I hurt after my first two marathons, and those were with shoes on! I walked funny for 3 days. When the distances get longer and more intense, just remember that it probably would have hurt somewhere when your done anyway.

Thanks all for your kind

Thanks all for your kind words! My purple heart is swollen today and hurting (pain, not sore) to even step on :O Gonna rest this sucker up and come back with a vengeance when it's all healed up.

Willie, my own personal rundraiser went well. I raised $330 :) Not too shabby given I put the plug out there just a few weeks ago. Thanks again for your support all around, you're too good to me.

maybe I shouldn't have been doing the Roger Rabbit to Can't Touch This, halfway through the race at one of the music stations :p

I think I'd be exactly like

I think I'd be exactly like you...which is why I'm afraid to do a race! Darn adrenaline gets ya all excited! But I sure admire your optimism! Keep us posted.

Very Cool Zumba! 1/2 is an

Very Cool Zumba! 1/2 is an awesome milestone.

Give your feet some rest love and Ice. I'd bet you're fine in a few days

Wow, Zumba! Awesome job on

Wow, Zumba! Awesome job on the fundraising!

Feel better!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test