Finished - slow

I finished my 13k trail run yesterday ... quite a bit slower than I wanted. Not running much the last few weeks didnn't help much. I did get third out of three in my age group.
1336249476535.jpg

That's outstanding! You finished! Congrats! I took 2nd in my age group once; there were only three of us though. ;-)

Trail runs aren't really susceptible to timing pressures like street runs, I think. Every one is different and everybody running them brings their own skills and goals. To find fault with your own performance isn't something you would want overshadowing the sheer joy of running and just being part of the event....IMO.
I do hope you had fun, too. 13K is a nice length run, being long enough to really sink your teeth, or toes, into.

Nice job. Hope you were smiling as much as possible :barefoot:
Trails are fun...and sometimes very quiet =)

You finished without the aid of a stretcher, right? There wasn't someone right behind you sweeping up the course as you were running, right? They didn't have to send a Search and Rescue team to come get you, right? Then you did good...

One thing I tell folks about speed (in relation to my speed, specifically) is that someone is going to win and place their age group; someone is going to win and place the overall event; process of elimination says that someone is even going to come in dead last. Odds are: You are not going to be any of these folks. So, All Hail the Mid-Packer!

Good work.

Reactions: NickW
Well... There was this one little bitty 5K I ran, where I was so last that the police were holding the cars off from running me down from behind. I was literally bringing up the rear. For awhile, I didn't realize it though. I just know I was running down the middle of the street, not another sole in sight, and all these car fumes coming from behind me were killing me. This was a very hot afternoon, and I was having a very hard time trying to catch my breath, and these fumes were chocking me. When I rounded the corner, I did a little bitch speech to the nice lady cop who was controlling traffic, letting her know I didn't appreciate having to inhale all that. My bad. I guess that's what I get for consuming a gargantuan cheese burger at lunch! Ha! Good times. Good memories.

I'm so not a good runner.

Well... There was this one little bitty 5K I ran, where I was so last that the police were holding the cars off from running me down from behind. I was literally bringing up the rear. For awhile, I didn't realize it though. I just know I was running down the middle of the street, not another sole in sight, and all these car fumes coming from behind me were killing me. This was a very hot afternoon, and I was having a very hard time trying to catch my breath, and these fumes were chocking me. When I rounded the corner, I did a little bitch speech to the nice lady cop who was controlling traffic, letting her know I didn't appreciate having to inhale all that. My bad. I guess that's what I get for consuming a gargantuan cheese burger at lunch! Ha! Good times. Good memories.

I'm so not a good runner.

<sigh> Must you always be the contrarian?

Let me revise that, then..

<Ahem>
...someone is going to win and place their age group; someone is going to win and place the overall event; process of elimination says that TJ is going to come in dead last. Odds are: You are not going to be any of these folks. So, unless you are TJ, All Hail the Mid-Packer!

There, better? :D

Reactions: jldeleon
Hey! I just found and read your comment, Matey! Watch it there, or I'll make you walk the plank! Hee.