Finally broke 10 miles!

5t3ph4n13

Barefooters
Jan 29, 2012
Today I ran 10.5 miles barefoot! I ran my first 10-miler last August in VFFs but my mileage dropped significantly during September and October because I was moving but I worked on building it back up totally barefoot this Winter (good thing I moved to California where the Winters are mild!).

Additionally, when I ran 10 miles in VFF Sprints in August my pace was 12:44 and I had some foot and ankle pain near the end and thought, "Well, I'll never do THAT again." Today, barefoot, my pace was 10:30- I dropped more than 2 minutes off my pace in 7 months and I felt FAR better after this run!

516.gif

Reactions: jldeleon and rbondi
It's always good when you reach a milestone and can look back and feel all those lesser distances are easy. Just keep edging them up bit by bit. How were the feet after that run? I always find mine get really tender towards the end.

Neil

They were a little tender the last couple of miles, but they feel fine now and no blisters.

Congrats, Steph!

Congratulations - that's quite an accomplishment. I will probably never be able to run 10 miles non-stop (Type I diabetes makes longer distances difficult) but I sure would feel awesome if I did.

I'm sorry Gburg. :( I'm starting to understand what it means to not be able to run the way we want, or as far as we want. Thank you shoes! :mad: I try to remind myself that at least I can put one foot in front of the other, as it could be a whole lot worse.

Oh, it could be *a lot* worse. I'm thankful that at 52 I'm not only plugging along, I'm getting faster.
I'm sorry Gburg. :( I'm starting to understand what it means to not be able to run the way we want, or as far as we want. Thank you shoes! :mad: I try to remind myself that at least I can put one foot in front of the other, as it could be a whole lot worse.