Final Hurdle In My Transition

deviantrunner

Chapter Presidents
Apr 3, 2010
Holly Springs, NC
I have been at this since January 2010. In the beginning, TMTS got me and I had to quit for 7 weeks. Nonetheless, I jumped back in and have progressed up pretty well. My mileage has progressed to over 20 per week with my peak weekly mileage at 24.2ish. (I can't remember exactly)

Over the last 8 months, I have experienced...

Metatarsal PAIN (this was the TMTS thing that kept me away for 7 weeks)

Metatarsal discomfort

Various Blisters... including the bloody kind.

Weird knee failure during one run that was gone by the next day (this one was actually very recent)

Top Of Foot Pain

Heel Pain (and I wasn't heel striking... but I may have been heel dropping. :)

AND.... drumroll, please... the only remaining transition related ailment... the devious... the dreaded... the PERSISTENT...

ANKLE PAIN!!!

It really isn't that bad... but is the last remaining transition ailment IMO. Assuming that another doesn't present itself.

I plan to run a 5k on Aug. 28th and a half marathon on Sept. 5th. My fingers are crossed.

Wow!! I hope my list isn't

Wow!! I hope my list isn't this long in a few months! :) I tend toward some of the ankle pain too.... hope yours gets better soon.

You need to FOCUS on

You need to FOCUS on strengthening your ankles. That means everyday work your ankles. Perhaps Jimmy Hart can give you some good exercises to try.

Yeah, I have been putting off

Yeah, I have been putting off exercising... other than running. :)

The knee thing reminded me that I need to strengthen my quads to keep my knees proper. I had (minor) issues with undersized quads about 18 years ago during my Army days... which caused some knee pain. Patella Femoral Syndrome.

I always thought it sounded like some made-up condition that was intended to explain knee pain that couldn't be explained. LOL...

Happy running!

Was just doing some

Was just doing some reading... and it seems that I have symptoms of PTT on the left ankle/foot. Kind of a downer with a race coming up.

I am going to rest a bunch and keep my fingers crossed. I really didn't want to go to the doc... I can hear my wife now. :)

Easy ankle exercise for

Easy ankle exercise for strength & flexibility--write the alphabet with your foot. :)

Oooh!  That's a good one,

Oooh! That's a good one, Beth! And do it in all upper case then lower case, Mister! Then drop and give me twenty!