Famous? Really?

A few days ago I was talking to a woman in the Base Exchange and our conversation wandered over running, barefoot running, etc. Today I saw her in the commissary and she said, "You know, you are famous around here." Famous? She said she had talked to several people, mentioning that she met a barefoot runner and they all said, "Yes, I've seen her on base!" You have to understand, this is a really small base, and there are very few family members per capita so most runners on base are wearing military PT gear. A woman running in a purple skirt, and barefoot, tends to get some notice. Hehehe, I'll have to make an effort to run on base more often now that we are out in town.

Reactions: Sid
Are you famous, or infamous?

Are you famous, or infamous? Personally, I'd rather be the latter. J)

Nice job, anyway.

I love it! GREAT reason to be

I love it! GREAT reason to be famous. 8)

We have a neighborhood Yahoo group and I've been half-expecting someone to post a message saying, "Has anyone seen that crazy chick running barefoot in our subdivision?!" I'd be so proud. ;)

Yes, Beth, I'm known as the

Yes, Beth, I'm known as the kook (I'm sure) in the town I run in, and I'm sure most of the people in my 200+ member shod running club think I'm nuts. It's good to be famous! It's good to be me!

sweet Wendy! It's a start

sweet Wendy! It's a start

THat's cool, Wendy.  Keep it

THat's cool, Wendy. Keep it up!

My wife had an appointment at a local physical therapist, and my barefoot running came up in the conversation. The PT said he'd heard of the barefoot runner in town. Since I frequently run on a greenway trail, which is near the hospital, he said some were saying the crazy barefoot runner escaped from the mental ward!

Ha! I'm nuts. Catch me if you can. Bwa ha ha ha ha...

Now that is funny!  Mark the

Now that is funny! Mark the kook!

I was on the local news last

I was on the local news last week after my first Barefoot 10k. A week later I'm in a small town running laps in my 5's(gravelly), and this guy jumps out from the sidewalk and says "Hey, I saw you on the news last week!"... cool.

I was drinking at a

I was drinking at a neighbor's place this weekend...he told me he gets friends calling him often, telling him they saw me running barefoot. I live in a very big neighborhood, but apparently i've got a bit of a reputation now anyway! He says I'm "that barefoot running guy."