Esther Gokhale Posture Workshop in Durham (2/3 - 2/5)

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by peacekaren, Jan 27, 2012.

1. peacekaren Barefooters

Message Count:
    Just thought I'd spread the word. Esther Gokhale will be in Durham, NC starting next Friday 2/3/2012 to conduct a weekend intensive workshop on the Gokhale Method. She is also offering a FREE 1-hour introductory class while she's here. (Details for both below.)

Esther was one of the guest speakers at last year's NYC Barefoot Run. She was also a presenter at last year's Primal Con (organized by Mark Sisson) and Esther's daughter presented at the 2010 Primal Con. As I (and several others here at BRS) have discovered, good posture can make all the difference between effortless, pain-free running and struggling with pains and injuries. Esther's book, 8 Steps to a Pain Free Back, has helped me to make great improvements in posture. I'm looking forward to getting additional pointers and feedback at her upcoming workshop.

Peace,

Karen

=====================

http://egwellness.com/city?c=Durham

(Scroll to the bottom of that link to find workshops and registration information.)

The Free Intro Class will be held Friday, 02.03.12, 9:30am

Learn to live pain-free. Join us for a

free lesson and learn techniques to:
    [*]Reduce or eliminate back pain, neck pain, and

other muscle or joint pain[*]Prevent muscle and joint degeneration and injury[*]Increase your energy, stamina, and flexibility[*]Reduce stress and improve your appearance[/list]
    Effects are often immediate and last a lifetime.

The Weekend Intensive Class will be held from Friday, 02.03.12 - Sunday, 02.05.12

The Gokhale Method is a result of Esther Gokhale's

life-long study of the root causes of pain. Through

intensive study with other practitioners, academic work,

and extensive research around the world, she created a set

of anthropologically-informed techniques that directly address and alleviate the pain many of us experience in the back, neck, shoulder, hip, knee, and foot.

In six 90-minute group classes, you can change your habits efficiently and profoundly through a combination of verbal explanation, visual materials, and gentle hands-on guidance. The course can:
    • Reduce or eliminate many kinds of musculoskeletal pain
    • Prevent joint degeneration
    • Increase energy, stamina, and flexibility
    • Improve your circulation and breathing
    • Reduce stress
    • Help you look and feel more confident
    The group class can accommodate people with moderate levels of pain. If you are in extreme pain, we strongly recommend the private course.

2. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Karen, feel free to add this

Karen, feel free to add this to the NC Chapter as a "Create Chapter Calendar Event." If you need help, please let me know.

3. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    I went ahead and added it to

I went ahead and added it to the NC Chapter and the calendar today.