Definitive Gross Picture Thread

This is great.  Very

This is great. Very interesting stuff. Thanks Nate for your contribution here.

Nate, do you smear djaou all

Nate, do you smear djaou all over your feet?

that stuff stinks too bad

that stuff stinks too bad Nyal!! :) LOL!!! Much better day today, holes are filling in nicely!! Josh, thanks, I try to help where I can :). If anyone perfects slippery mud running, they'll have to let me know!!! It just might be one of those things, like very cold weather, that are to be avoided.

Nate your feet look like you

Nate your feet look like you fell in a meat grinder. I think i would've stopped midrace. Get some good aloe gel or real aloe leaves and that will help speed up the healing.

Mike

Hey Nate,Here in the wet and

Hey Nate,

Here in the wet and chilly Pacific North West we get to do lot's of cold, slippery, mud running. I thought I was good (having made it through winter without once having fallen on my @$$ :tongue:) but I admit to being schooled by fellow BRS'er Paraganek.

Whenever we go downhill on a trail I'm always behind him so I've had ample chance to observe his technique. Very fast, very short steps is the way to go.

Center of gravity is super important to keep in mind and over your feet, not behind them.

Also, never hesitate to bleed speed off on the sides of the trail that aren't muddy.

Maybe you know all that already but thought I'd share in case others don't. :)

yeah, tried all that

yeah, tried all that LOL....there were no sides that weren't muddy :-/....those are all techniques I use in "normal" muddy conditions...this was something I had never experienced before LOL....there really was no non-slippery places, it was like the whole earth was in a state of liquifaction. I grew up in the Seatle area, and have run in the cascades, it is super awesome there...the trails here in PA are a bit different, but still awesome!!! Actually this run reminded me a bit of the cascades, there were portions that were nice and loamy, HAD it been dry, and the inclines were similar. The rain out here is different too...Anyway, I plan on doing this race again, but not in the same conditions. To give you guys an idea of how much water there was....as we were driving home that afternoon, the entire midstate was in flood watches and there were many roads covered with water. Most times when I've encounterd mud, it's been on PORTIONS of trails....not the whole thing...and I've never experieced having to almost CRAWL UP an incline trying to find things to grab onto because I can't get footing.

oh, here's what the race

oh, here's what the race looks like on elevation profile....
c65e6fd0803efb61ffff83f6ffffe415.jpg

That sounds and looks like a

That sounds and looks like a total fricken, BF nightmare. Where's the shudder icon?

Looking at the graph,

Looking at the graph, couldn't you have just sat on your hiney and slid down the mountains?

BTW, would like to see some

BTW, would like to see some "healing" pictures. Hmmmm?

I was on my butt more than a

I was on my butt more than a few times TJ, even going up LOL :), of course, then I'd have two filleted butt checks intead of two filleted feet...and I plan on taking some more pictures today...still can't walk, but it's getting better :)

Nate I am sorry I said

Nate I am sorry I said anything about your running form :wink:

I am sure in a race you would kick my butt, shovel the snow off your sidewalk ( barefoot) then do some iron body training before I even hobbled across the finish line.

Did I mention I am loosing two toe nails. Totally gross but not worthy here.

Why are you losing two

Why are you losing two toenails, and why is it not relevant here? If it's gross, it's relevant. Pictures please. ;-)

Maybe I will take a picture

Maybe I will take a picture when I peel one of the nails off.

Why have I lost more nails then I can count this year?

BAD FORM. I was losing the same nails when I ran in heels.

A long second toe that like to slap the ground. I am trying some Zola Bud taping to try to slow the carnage

LOL It's all good PB ...did

LOL It's all good PB :-D...did you see my boxer-shorts snow shovling video? Or were you being cute?? ;-)...just in case you were being cute...check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBNUNRXaT7Q

and yes, lets see those toes!!! I thought only shod people lost toes....are you wearing shoes???? :)

anyway...as promised....here's some knarly healing pics...four days after injury...

206278_2004560234231_1250394823_32450471_5692005_n.jpg

217747_2004567794420_1250394823_32450487_1731025_n.jpg

My piddly little hot spots

My piddly little hot spots from this morning's run feel GREAT after seeing this.

Keep up the healing, man --- get better soon!

Groddie!

Groddie!

Nice. looks like you are

Nice. looks like you are healing quickly.

I loose toenails barefoot or shod. I have lost them so often the nerves are dead.

Good videos. Barefooting in warm weather is just so much easier.

I agree...barefooting in warm

I agree...barefooting in warm weather is much easier, and more fun....but it's still fun in the winter, if just for the "cool" factor (pun intended)

Maybe you answered, but I

Maybe you answered, but I can't find it cousin Nate. ;-) At what point during this 16 mile race did you start to realize you were shredding your feet?

BTW, I see a little piece of hair hanging from one of your boo-boos in the first healing photo. Pull it!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts