Definitive Gross Picture Thread

Nyal

Chapter Presidents
May 13, 2010
Please post pictures of popped pustules for posterity.

For TJ and for learning sake I propose a clearinghouse for pictures and explanations of injuries, ranging from blisters to toes that have snapped off. Give a description of how you incurred the injury.

I envision this thread to fill three functions.

1. To educate and scare newbies and more experienced runner into not making similar mistakes. Like those pictures you see at a traffic class.

2. To satisfy the unholy urges of all of us to see gross things, especially TJ.

3. To boldy go where no man has gone before.

Who will be our first entry?

the existence of this thread

the existence of this thread wants me to really go out, over-do it, and work on bad form!!! I want to share nasty pictures too!!

Thank you, Nyal.  I

Thank you, Nyal. I appreciate it.

Had to expose them for all to

Had to expose them for all to see, Adam.

so, did you notice if your skin felt less sensitive in those spots after you healed up?

Thanks TJ, I need to learn

Thanks TJ, I need to learn how to post pictures on here.

I was actually back to running in five days, and had no extra sensitivity in those areas. The way they healed was amazing, after about two weeks you couldn't even tell I had blisters like this.

I did pop them after a day, I couldn't even walk on them.

All you have to do is

All you have to do is right-click, copy, and paste. :)

Teej, are we going to sticky

Teej, are we going to sticky this or let it float to the top when it is relevant. We could also move it yonder to the injury forum where it probably belongs. I would do it myself except I am not a mod here.......yet. :D

Well, with your blurt of the

Well, with your blurt of the "F" Word previously, "yet" will never come.

We really need to rename this thread to Top That! Especially after looking at Adam's blisters again... Ha.

I'll move it to the Injury & Medical Conditions Forum, or whatever it's called. Hee.

I joked we should add it to the Library, but we really don't want to scare away people from running barefoot or make it seem like this stuff only takes place when running barefoot, especially since this stuff can take place when running period, with or without something on the feet. Another reason why I have second thoughts about stickying it.

In my defense, my usage of

In my defense, my usage of the 'F' word was in context with gravel and is thus wholly appropriate.

Nyal wrote: I propose a

Nyal said:
I propose a clearinghouse for pictures and explanations of injuries, ranging from blisters to toes that have snapped off.

You mean like this?

Well, that one wins, right

Well, that one wins, right there. What the heck am I even looking at? It can't possibly be what I think it is...

oh man, you guys are really

oh man, you guys are really going to do this??? :puke:

Board, seriously, wtf man??

It's not as bad as it first

It's not as bad as it first looks. Close examination reveals the nerve is still intact..... the bones, muscles, tendons, and ligaments will heal just fine......given time.

It was'nt really an accident due to barefoot running. It was a boat anchored guy just ahead of him that caught his robust high tech heel under this unfortunate barefoot runners second and third toes. The minimalist kept on going true to the spirit of BFRunning, but those two free toes kept flapping around and interfering with the integrety of the D-Tag timing chip strapped to his ankle.

Rather than risk a finish that might not register on the mat, he stopped to zip tie the toes in place, losing valuble time in the process. It was only after taking the stand for his second place finish that he drove himself to the ER for re-attachment surgery. The other runners as well as spectators were so in awe of his bare feet that they never really noticed the injury, assuming that all barefoot runners bleed profusly by the end of a race.

Had he driven a car with an automatic transmission to the race the trip to the ER would have gone much smoother.

I was going to post my most

I was going to post my most recent blister issue, but you guys already topped it.

This happened while running??

This happened while running?? Note to self...look for something else to do for exercise, like alligator wrestling or hunting bear with only a pocketknife (barefoot of course) ;)

Bowshiate, Board!

Bowshiate, Board!

lmao Board:p

lmao Board:p

Uuuuuuuh. Barf.Here's a

Uuuuuuuh. Barf.

Here's a humble injury but an important one:

My husband Matt wasn't LIFTING his feet and scraped some of the skin off his big toe. Did we learn a lesson on our hobble home bleeding all over the sidewalk? Yes we did! Lift them toes or you'll lose (bits of) em!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts