CW-X Tights - worth the money?

Barefoot Gentile

Barefooters
Apr 5, 2010
Fairfield, CT
I went to this local running store and tried on cw-x tights for the first time, they are insane. The owner said he runs in sub zer0 to negative degrees in them and legs are always warm. $90 for the one I tried one, really expensive. I don't have access to treadmills so I run outdoors all year around. I am starting to gradually invest in decent winter running gear, I think it's worth it.

Anyone own a pair and give some insight? Do they last long, do they stretch out?

Not sure about those

Not sure about those particular ones, but I do own a pair of Running Room brand winter running pants, and I swear by them when the temperature drops. The cost is about the same ($90.00 Cdn) but if you are running outdoors in the cold they are well worth it.

Saypay,Anyone who runs 14

Saypay,

Anyone who runs 14 miles barefoot in Minnesota in November does not need any stinkin tights. ;)

I bought some prior to my first 50 mile last October for a race in Wisconsin and they preformed as advertised. I think they have a bigger following with the ultra and extreme racing crowd. They do appear to have a lot more R&D behind them than your average name brand running tights http://cw-x.com/GearTechnology.aspx or their marketing department wants you to believe they do. Probably a little of both.

I have used mine periodically over a year and I just commented to my wife last week they still feel like the first day I put them on without any noticeable wear. I see no reason why they should not last much longer than the average tight. Hope this helps.

SP, from what I gather CW-X

SP, from what I gather CW-X have a really fancy compression thing in their tights with different levels of compression in different areas. I have no idea if it works though or if it's just "motion control" for another body part. I've thought about getting a pair of them myself so I'd be interested to hear if anyone knows if they work.

I think compression gear in

I think compression gear in general is worth the money based on my experiences with it this year - it really helped me recover from two injuries. These tights would never work for me since I am something like 4 sizes bigger in the waist and calves than in the thighs and if I were going to get compression tights I would want compression for the quads and hamstrings, too. I did buy a pair of Pearl Izumi winter running pants (good for under 35 degrees) and they were worth every penny of the $90 they cost me.

I have found that a good pair

I have found that a good pair of compression sleeves and some cold gear tights are good. If I need more for single digits I just add another pair of running pants and that acts as further insulation.

I've used C-WX tights, and

I've used C-WX tights, and shorts for several years and really rate them. Much less fatigue at the end of a run. I have a pair of their thermal tights that I've not been able to justify yet as it does not get cold enough in NYC to warrant them. They do not lose their shape or support capabilities

Maybe I'll find some ski trails one of these days and use them there.

I would never put shorts over them - just to blend threads :evil:

Is there such a thing as

Is there such a thing as running cargopants? If so, I'd probably choose them instead of the tights, since pockets are more practical than the lack of.

CW-X tights are awesome!

CW-X tights are awesome! Bought my first pair six months ago. Not only have I beaten all my record times for various runs, but my muscles aren't nearly as sore the next day. I always swore against compression sports wear but these tights are the real deal. You can't beat the muscle coverage and support and the recovery after. Worth every penny!

Welcome, Franny!  So do you

Welcome, Franny! So do you think they would keep me warm? Do they prevent that horrible "itch" we get when coming out of the cold and starting to warm up?

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test