Cut on foot.

Barefoot Cassie

Barefooters
Sep 10, 2010
I kicked the leg of my computer desk hard enough that I got a gash between my toes (between the pinkie toe and second to last toe). How should I care for it and keep running? Bandaid? I would think that would fall off...should I just leave it uncovered? I don't want to get dirt in it.

I can't temporarily put shoes on....I donated/tossed all but my flip flops and my flannel shoes (I don't think I could run in either pair if I wanted to).

Any suggestions?

my fav. remedy....clean it,

my fav. remedy....clean it, super glue it....

I have used super glue with a

I have used super glue with a good deal of success (yes seriously)... although to be honest my Y chromosome does cloud my judgement when it comes to such things. So you might be better off waiting for a more rational response.

S. Pimp.

Abide wrote:SuperglueExactly

Abide said:
Superglue

Exactly what I was going to say. great minds...

Not quite as effective as

Not quite as effective as superglue -- liquid bandage. Depending on where I have a cut or scrape, liquid bandage works pretty well for me.

Hmmm, superglue! I will give

Hmmm, superglue! I will give it a try. I'm just worried about it still pulling since the cut is between my toes.

I guess wondering about it won't fix it. I'll go get some super glue and see!

Just don't superglue your

Just don't superglue your finger to your toe. You'll look silly running like that.

Oh yeah it might sting a bit,

Oh yeah it might sting a bit, bite down on a cloth or something when you do it.

The funny thing about this thread is you have gotten advice from 5 guys about super glue and you are going to listen to us :D

Abide wrote:Oh yeah it might

Abide said:
Oh yeah it might sting a bit, bite down on a cloth or something when you do it.

The funny thing about this thread is you have gotten advice from 5 guys about super glue and you are going to listen to us :D

Hahaha!

I had heard of it before and when my son split his chin open the ER used super glue on him, I just never really thought about it for myself!

Hey, I'm late to the party,

Hey, I'm late to the party, but I'm a girl, and I say use superglue.

barefoot ramzev wrote:Just

barefoot ramzev said:
Just don't superglue your finger to your toe. You'll look silly running like that.

LOL!!!

Since neither cable ties or

Since neither cable ties or duct tape will work, super glue is the only answer!

We were testing it as a

We were testing it as a suture substitute at the University of Michigan in 1976.

Use a Super Glue that says

Use a Super Glue that says "flexible" or impact resistant. Normal super glue gets very brittle when dry. Gorilla Super Glue is a good one.

Put on a thin layer, wait a couple minutes and reapply, repeat one or two times to make a good resistant shield.

David

I saw a story once on a gal

I saw a story once on a gal using a bandaid and covering that with a duck tape wrapping. She barefoot ran in it (though it sounds kinda slippery to me) but feasable.

Also fits right in the classy thread we've got going here :)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test