Crewing for Burning River in NE Ohio July 31st-Aug. 1st... anyone interested?

Okay, it's about time I send out my annual solicitation for crew members for my yearly stab at a 100 miler. This one will be Burning River, a point-to-point race in NE Ohio. It begins at 5am on Saturday, July 31st and the cutoff time is Sunday, August 1st at 11am.

If anyone is interested in driving around NE Ohio for 24+ hours providing me with food and what not, I can share the specific details. I think I have an adequate crew as-is (including two excellent pacers), but the more people we have, the more party-like the atmosphere.

For those that may take running seriously, I have to warn you... we're a juvenile bunch. :)

BTW- I'll be running it barefoot. While I do not expect it, some of my current crew have already talked about going barefoot as a PR move. Yes, we're all AWs. :)

BTW part II- We already have t-shirts made up.

This is Jason's favorite

This is Jason's favorite food, so be sure to pack as much of it as you can:

Why switch, why not have

Why switch, why not have both? Chia, alcohol and hamburgers, if that's not healthy I don't know what is.

Jason, my offer from last summer still stands, give me a ticket and I'll be there. :p

Are you good on pacers?  I'm

Are you good on pacers? I'm looking to get my feet wet.

It's what we barefoot runners

It's what we barefoot runners are referred to as...you know...attention "getters." We find humor in it, so we refer to one another as the same...AWs.

Shacky, this race only allows

Shacky, this race only allows pacers from mile 60 on. For those 40 miles, I already have two pacers (jscott from the RW forum and Notleh.) If I had another pacer, they wouldn't actually be pacing for very much distance... maybe 10 miles or so. At Hallucination last year, I could have pacers for 66 miles... which was MUCH nicer. My pacers will essentially act as crew members for the majority of the race.

If you'd be okay with the lower actual pacing mileage, I would LOVE to have you there!

I suppose I should mention this stuff in the spirit of full disclosure:
  • Since this is a point-to-point race, the crew and pacers will go through a pattern of driving to an aid station, waiting and waiting, have a minute of frantic activity, then more driving and waiting.
  • Pacing will probably involve VERY slow running or walking... the most important job is to keep me on the course at night.
  • My crew doesn't take much seriously (read Mind the Ducks race report); we like to drink, laugh, and make mildly disturbing sexual jokes/references- most of which are horribly offensive.
That's about all I have right now. If you are interested, email me at robillardj "at" gmail "dot" com.

Blind boy- if book sales keep up, that may be a possibility some day!

Hmm... Maybe I shouldn't have

Hmm... Maybe I shouldn't have said anything. I forgot you've become a famous author now. ;)

Sure wish I could be there

Sure wish I could be there Jason, sounds like you are developing a pretty good crew so far. I'll drop a 40oz with chia in the mail for ya, I'll even through in a quarter pounder ;) Looking forward to hearing all about it! Shelly and the babies going to be there too?

I had a dream about you last

I had a dream about you last night, Jason! FINALLY! I haven't dreamt of any of the other founders yet, just you. I dreamt you and Shelly came over to my house to pick me up so I could help crew for you (I guess reading this post yesterday caused it) and all you did was run in place for 24 hours...at least you were barefoot. I couldn't wait for that dream to end. It seemed like it lasted 24 hours too! Ha.

You know, Jason.  You have to

You know, Jason. You have to run 102.66 miles.

One day, when I grow up,

One day, when I grow up, I'll organize a Delaware Ultra. Running DE from top to bottom which is just about 100 miles, depending on the route. If you start in the north you can finish up at the beach. I think it would be pretty cool to finish up a 100 mile run and walk right into the ocean with a margarita in hand!

Ram, in that case, grow up

Ram, in that case, grow up already! That sounds like the race for me... :party:

And booze, lots of booze and

And booze, lots of booze and McDonald's.