conversation with a neighbor

So I'm out on a 5 mile run in my bare feet, on my way back from the end of a culdesack, when I see an older gentleman that wants to say something. So I turn off my audio-book and the conversations goes something like this.

"What?"

"You are messing up those pretty legs!"

"I am?"

"Yes, you have lovely legs and then (points down at my bare feet) THOSE "

"I'm sorry you don't like my feet, I did paint my toe nails."

"Yes, and that looks good, but you are going to ruin those lovely legs ."

At this point I laughed and went on. Actually, I'm getting a complex because the only guys that try to interrupt my run to chat me up are my dad's age, LOL

LOL, I don't think my legs

LOL, I don't think my legs are that great, he just wanted to talk to someone :) I run mid morning on week days so the only people home and in their yards are retirees. I also talked to my friendly neighborhood motorcycle cop (who has to be past retirement age!) I think all the old men are enjoying the change in weather that brings all the housewife runners out in shorts and skirts :-D

I see a lot of old guys

I see a lot of old guys sitting in their lawns during mid-morning runs too. They are at least friendly. The retiree ladies just avert their eyes when I jog by.

Ditto to both of you.  In my

Ditto to both of you. In my old age, I've been attracting all sorts of "friendly" older gentlemen, and I'm not sure the naked feet have anything to do with it. At the same time, I don't think their ladies like it one bit, me or my naked feet that is.

BFWendyBird wrote:... I think

BFWendyBird said:
... I think all the old men are enjoying the change in weather that brings all the housewife runners out in shorts and skirts :-D

On behalf of old-farts everywhere, I thank all you lady runners in shorts and skirts :)

haha, I get googly eyes from

haha, I get googly eyes from older bench sitters too. Whatya do, funny that he thinks your ruining your legs. Sigh, sign of different times.

"Unfortunately, you've got it

"Unfortunately, you've got it backwards. They look this way BECAUSE I run barefoot. You should have seen them when I started. I had to run at night so people didn't need to look away."

Ya know I think there

Ya know I think there is a connection with older Gents and Barefoot women.

My Mom was born in 1946. When I was growing up I had the impression mom and dad were not to close.

When my mom was with her girlfriends and were talking about men ( I was a nosey little bastard) if someone came up that she liked she would make a comment like "I would stay BAREFOOT and PREGNANT for him!"

Funny the things you remember

I live in New England, and

I live in New England, and boy do people ever keep to themselves here!

I've been running barefoot since late September, and only now in May are people starting to stop me on the street about it. They've been stopping me to ask about it, and have said that they've seen me run by barefoot all winter long.

man they really made sure

man they really made sure you werent some kind of crazy person. i think people dont stop me out here because it is a serious running area so they dont want to interrupt the run. it's also a fairly wealthy area (not sure how i fit in on that one) so people tend to stick to themselves

ROFLOL  If I run when the

ROFLOL

If I run when the weather is particularly nice, it is hard to get more than a few hundred yards without someone wanting to chat, it is a very friendly neighborhood. If I have my dog with me, it is impossible.

I actually really do think BFR has helped my legs, I have much more balanced looking calves now. The soleus is much more developed. Big calves run in my family so I need all the help I can get not to have Popeye legs, although one of my nick names in the military (20 years ago) was Chicken Legs :) so pretty much anything is an improvement.

I keep trying to catch up around here and you all are typing faster than I can read, LOL. I had my huaraches on a couple of days ago and heard a woman mutter, "Ooo, cute shoes!" They are made with fuscia pink laces :) I need to try them on hot pavement to see if the thin black rubber sole keeps my feet cool enough.

SillyC wrote:I live in New

SillyC said:
I live in New England, and boy do people ever keep to themselves here!

I've been running barefoot since late September, and only now in May are people starting to stop me on the street about it. They've been stopping me to ask about it, and have said that they've seen me run by barefoot all winter long.

HEY Silly

During the winter I got a lot of not very positive remarks during my runs along the canal. Now that the weather has gotten better I have been getting more positive remarks like "running barefoot way to go" "Toughen up those feet", This week I got a "That's the only way to run, I read about that".

A difference of 40 degrees I went from MADMAN to HERO!

Yea, go figure!

Yea, go figure!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts