Compression shorts

Common sense says to test something out before trying them on a long journey, but I bought the Asics shorts right before my Grand Canyon hike figuring if they were uncomfortable, I could always take them off and pack them out. Well, they worked perfectly and now I'm a huge fan. I like shorts with liners, but like Nick have the chafing issue on the inner thigh. I do wear shorts over the compression shorts however. Don't like the "Where's the beef?" looks. A little self conscious in that department. Anyway, long runs yes, shorter runs no, they are a little constricting and I also tend to overheat.

You said everything that I feel about the shorts with liners. I did break down at Target today as they actually had sone cheap champion running shorts and picked up two pair. I will use these for my short runs and then will cut the liners out of my old ones and use those with compression shorts for my "long" runs. I may even go and pick up a couple more compression shorts from road runner in the near future.

I've never liked the loose sort of shorts many folks seem to favor. The big blowsey basketball type are just horrible!

I started running with a light mid-thigh length pair of lycra shorts by NB, but now I'm wearing a heavier, more compressive kind by Nike. They retailed for $40 , but I got 2 pair on sale at half price. I think they're just right for me. (I only wear one pair at a time.)

Lately, with warmer and more humid weather I wear just the shorts, without a shirt or anything else except a headband, Roadid and my glasses. I like to run LIGHT!

Reactions: bfsailor and NickW
Don't like the "Where's the beef?" looks.

I am pretty sure I have not laughed so hard all month! That was HYSTERICAL! Especially since *most* women would never, ever, think that! That is just a man projecting his own thoughts on to women. *Most* women are just relieved NOT to see anything!

I don't think I'll ever forget (recover from) the image burned into my mind from the last Olympics of one of the American sprinters whose sleek, red, skintight running suit showed so much of everything that I was left with no question as to which way he "dressed" and to his circumcision status. Way, way, way tmi!

btw, Jen, I'm so glad that the cat's gone. I think your pic is brilliant. Thx!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090