Cleaning Your Feet

sherrhod

Barefooters
Apr 4, 2010
I am new to bf running, and have just started to toughen up my feet. I tend to run on asphalt and concrete with some trails tossed in on occasion. The issue I'm having is how to get the bottoms of my feet clean. Washing with soap and water doesn't cut it. I'm afraid using a scrub will be a set back to the toughening I've accomplished so far. Any tips?

Sherri

I use a scrub brush from the

I use a scrub brush from the grocery store, any brush with shorter firm bristles works good, sometimes you will need more cleaning power then I turn to the green scotchbrite pads, they work but wear out fast. So try different brushes first before going with other ideas.

None of this will set you back on the conditioning of your soles, whats going on with the soles is more than skin deep anyway. Your doing good so far sticking with pavement...its the best for learning in the beginning and the trails are the best for later on.

I use one of those little

I use one of those little brightly colored pumice type bricks every day while in the shower. I use it mainly on my heels but will also run it over any place that doesn't look clean after soap and water. There have been no set backs in the toughening department and I use lotion too.

I use a fingernail brush in

I use a fingernail brush in the shower. I have a pumice stone too, but really only use it on my heels in the winter when they get bad. The brush works very well most of the year.

Ok.  I have a pumice stone,

Ok. I have a pumice stone, and scrubbing soaps, but I was afraid to use them. Good to know I can have clean feet, and it shouldn't cause me any problems ;)

Sherri

Ok.  I have a pumice stone,

Ok. I have a pumice stone, and scrubbing soaps, but I was afraid to use them. Good to know I can have clean feet, and it shouldn't cause me any problems ;)

Sherri

Why would anyone want to

Why would anyone want to clean their feet. I've said it before: Dirty feet mean a clean soul.

Hey, Nyal made it! Hi Nyal

Hey, Nyal made it! Hi Nyal :santa:

I have a super tough scrub brush that I clean my feet with, but also use in the tub as a kind of insane implement of massage.... I scrub my legs with it, from toes to hips. Works great.