Can someone tell me...

I can call myself an Ultra runner if...(choose as many as you like)

• Running a 12 hour does not an Ultra runner make.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Ramzev

Chapter Presidents
Jun 14, 2010
Milford, DE
If I run a 12 hour ultra, what distance should I shoot for to be able to call myself an Ultra runner? I believe the cut off is marathon distance, this means that if I can manage 26.3 miles in 12 hours I'm an ultra runner and I'm qualified to poop in the woods at will?

Naturally, I will have higher goals than 26.3, I'd be superbly happy with hitting the 40m mark.

I'm looking at one that is a 5 mile loop.

Poop in the woods at will. Ha! You funny, Ram! I think anything over 26.2 is an ultra runner.

For me anything over 26.25 makes an ultrarunner.

But, honestly, for 12 hours, surely you need to be targetting 50-60miles? after all that's only 4.2-5 mph?

There's a local marathon here (Nipmuck Trail Marathon) that is 26.4 miles. Everybody calls it an ultra. I think it's kind of a joke, though.

See here - this is the race report from the guy who won:
http://team.inov-8.us/2011/10/nipmuck-trail-marathon-recap-ben-nephew.html

Just FYI, Ram - at a 12 hour loop course, they are going to have porta potties. So don't get all excited and have a celebratory bowel movement on the trail at mile 27, and think that people are going to yell, "Hey, Congrats, RAM! Here's a wet wipe with your name on it!"

The pooping in the woods thing is something Ram posted about, but...I actually have experience with it...on a run...in a race... Not my proudest moment.

Matey, that's such an outstanding book title, I'm afraid Jason will end up stealing it from you for his new ultra book he's writing.

Matey, that's such an outstanding book title, I'm afraid Jason will end up stealing it from you for his new ultra book he's writing.

Oh, that would be pure awesome! Though, actually, I think it would be more fitting for an autobiography/motivational book...but still...

Anything to lighten the load, Ms. Silly.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts