burned my feet!

Jimmy Hart

Barefooters
May 11, 2010
i was doing some speed work on the track today and it was great. it was overcast and it felt really nice which is saying a lot for june in dallas. i ended the sprint work and felt good so i wanted to toss a couple of miles in for fun and all was well, or so i thought. what i did not notice was that the clouds cleared and the black rubber track got very hot. i felt it warm up some but it never felt dangerous and i never felt like i shouldnt have been out there. well some second degree burns later i'm having a hard time walking and wondering how i could have run that long without realizing it.

when i finished i had a couple of tiny blisters but nothing big. now i have the bottoms of both feet covered in blistery burnt skin. good times. mind the summer weather children.

you should SOOOO take

you should SOOOO take pictures of your baked feet Dude! I wanna see them!!

oh yeah...and ALOE....

oh yeah...and ALOE....

nothing to show really.  i

nothing to show really. i drained the blisters and now they are just really red. the doc said i may see some discoloration in the next day or so as the skin dies and what not so maybe then i'll have something to show for it. till then i just have red feet like a sunburn with big blisters from one side to the other on the balls of my feet

ow Jimmy, that sounds

ow Jimmy, that sounds painful. I agree with N3, a aloe foot bath sounds awfully good in that situation.

thanks guys.  i've been

thanks guys. i've been hitting the aloe and i have a foot bath sitting in front of me at the couch. i'm using it every few hours to cool my feet off and try to keep the inflammation down because my feet have swollen a lot. this is crazy and i'm taking a lot of mental notes for future reference. i've never burned the bottoms of my feet before and to be honest the issue never crossed my mind.

Okay, I need to add this to

Okay, I need to add this to the unwritten rules thread. Whenever someone has a gory story (hey, that rhymes!), they must take pictures. If it involves blisters, they must take pictures BEFORE they pop the blisters (hey, that rhymes too!). Oh and then actually post those pictures here to share. In fact, we need a thread of all these kinds of pictures. Who wants to go first?

gory story blister pictures,

gory story blister pictures, LOL!

but, no "lol" for you, Jimmy - damn, that sounds rough. I feel like such a wuss fretting over the blister, the normal blister, I got on moderately hot pavement last week. Dallas in June, I can only imagine what that's like :evil:

Barefoot TJ wrote:Okay, I

Barefoot TJ said:
Okay, I need to add this to the unwritten rules thread. Whenever someone has a gory story (hey, that rhymes!), they must take pictures. If it involves blisters, they must take pictures BEFORE they pop the blisters (hey, that rhymes too!). Oh and then actually post those pictures here to share. In fact, we need a thread of all these kinds of pictures. Who wants to go first?

YEAH NO DOUBT GOTTA HAVE THE PIX

sorry guys.  i tried to take

sorry guys. i tried to take pics before i drained the blisters but they just didnt show up. my feet are so red and swollen that you cant really tell a difference in a picture. i tried again to day but all you see a big a puffy red foot. kind of sad really. the pain associated with this is pretty good and i cant preserve it with a photo. guess next time i'll have to go all the way to third degree and get some shots of skin falling off :)

good news is that the blisters are better today and i can walk better. it would appear the bottoms of your feet can heal pretty quickly.

Jimmy Hart wrote:guess next

Jimmy Hart said:
guess next time i'll have to go all the way to third degree and get some shots of skin falling off :)

That'll work!

adam you took the pic i

adam you took the pic i couldnt. to give you guys an idea if you look his foot mine was basically the same except take the one on his toe and put it next to the big one. then take his big u-shaped blister and round it out to a circle and you get what i have on my foot. the difference is the coloring. my whole foot is so red that the blisters didn't show up on a pic like his did. i've got no burns on my arches though! that's gotta say something.

Adam that's interesting that our feet turned out very similarly though they were in completely different environments.

Adam's blood blister pictures

Adam's blood blister pictures are some of the best I've ever seen.

I'm here any time you need me, Jimmy. ;-)

adam james wrote:Jimmy sorry

adam james said:
Jimmy sorry to hear about that! I actually did the opposite this past winter, freezing my foot running barefoot in cold conditions. I wish I took video of popping these things, it was crazy. Check it out. http://barethesole.blogspot.com/2010/01/ouch.html

omg... I didn't know you could get blisters from the cold :santa:

hot...cold... killed tissue

hot...cold... killed tissue is killed tissue. The blister from having the plantar wart on my foot frozen is now infected and the stitch in my side on Sunday was actually an ovarian cyst, and my knee hurts to bad from running yesterday that I didn't make it 5 minutes before turning back.

Opps, sorry for the pity party moment, bleh

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test