Bouncer: "sir...SIR!" But Not What You Think!

Longboard

Chapter Presidents
May 13, 2010
And that's why it's here and not in the "Pub".
We spent the weekend in Chicago visiting our new Grand Daughter, Daughter, and SIL.
They live right downtown, just a block from the Rock & Roll McDonalds, Rain Forrest Cafe, Hard Rock, etc.
All I was doing was WALKING down Clark street last night when a bouncer standing outside as part of a group of THREE of them at the huge Portillo place called out the all too familiar to us lifestyle barefooters "Sir...SIR!"
Hey, I usually ignore the first few utterances anyways, but with the "Don't Walk" sign lit, it became difficult to do.
Turned out HIS personal trainer advised him on how to start off HIS two year old son right .....
and had recommdended barefoot activity as often as possible!
He had a ton of questions for me ,starting with "I've seen you walk by all day today and yesterday without shoes....how long have you been doing barefoot training for?
I gave him the URL................. OF COURSE!!!!!!
No more Hippie image for me walking the streets of downtown Chicago day and night...just state of the art training dude!
(Diane was spending most of the time w/ the baby, giving me more than the normal amount of random street exposure)
Not one barefoot runner, hiker, or walker observed, but THOUSANDS of platform girls Saturday night.
What in the world are they thinking?

No more Hippie image for me walking the streets of downtown Chicago day and night...just state of the art training dude!

Happy sigh.

I hate being called "Sir", but a great story nonetheless! :D

And I hate being called mam.

Reactions: pitbullmamaliz
I sort of put dangerous women's shoes in the same mental basket as cigarettes. Affectations of the young and stupid.
Funny. Now that I've been running barefoot for a couple years I've strengthened my feet enough so that I CAN wear those god awful heels. And you know what? I kinda like it. I don't wear them often, but there are some shoes that are just too damn sexy not to wear and I'm so ecstatic that I can finally wear them. I have never been able to rock a pair of sexy heels and now that I can I will. At least once in a blue moon, cuz that's about all I can handle. ;-)

yes, you are!

Actually, I'm writing to thank you for quoting JT's post because I had missed it first time round and thought it was pretty dang cool :cool:
Well, actually I'm smart and old so I can't relate to his post at all. Ha!

Reactions: BFwillie_g
I found the same thing with heals. I could never walk in the stupid things until my ankles and calves got nice and strong from the bf running. Now my problem is that my feet have widened though and I can't wear most of the closed toe ones without going insane. Figures that would be how it worked.

Reactions: zapmamak
Maybe the bouncer's son will end up being good at wearing heels, and making his daddy proud?

Turned out HIS personal trainer advised him on how to start off HIS two year old son right ..... and had recommdended barefoot activity as often as possible!
This has become my biggest struggle right now,
trying to keep shoes or at least heavy, stiff shoes off my kids' feet.
Everyone thinks I'm crazy.
I can't believe how much the culture has changed since I was a kid.