Bottom of foot pain - BOFP?

Larry

Barefooters
Sep 13, 2012
Hi folks, has anybody had this one. I've had a bit of a sore foot thing creep up on me of late, and it's starting to become a bit painful.

The pain comes along when I'm running, and it is on the bottom of my foot, around half way in between the heel and the ball of the smallest toe - on the part of the sole that would touch the ground (i.e. the outside). If you look at the BRS logo, it is where the two white lines cut into the middle of the foot, or thereabouts. Sometimes after a run when I'm walking it feels a little bit like I have a ball or something under that part of the foot pressing up, if that makes any sense.

I don't think it is the dreaded PF, because from what I can gather the pain should be in the arch or the attachment point.

Any ideas?

I've no idea: "sore" could mean anything from blisters, abrasion, muscle issues to some kind of inflammation deep inside. Could also be something stuck inside - like say you stepped on a splinter which broke off and a bit got enclosed inside.
Can there anything be seen? Like redness or blueness, swelling or a tiny little spot?

No marks of any kind that I can see, and I'm feeling it somewhat on both feet, so there's nothing embedded. It's very strange.

Experimenting a little during the afternoon in the lounge room tells me that it doesn't bother me if I run more on my toes, but it does if I land with a flatter foot. I'm thinking maybe I'm landing flat on the outside of my foot and perhaps not rolling towards the big toes enough.

sound like your lateral longitudinal arch. yes, there are 3 arches in your feet. the medial and lateral longitudinal and the transverse across the met heads. check it for trigger points. i get them there too.

Sorry, late to the party. I got something similar a few weeks ago, and now and again now, after increasing my mileage. Like Mike says, it was knots/trigger points. Rolling on top of a wood foot roller, and massaging with my fingers along the arch and rest of the sole, seems to be keeping it at bay. This also seems to be helping with a recent spat of mild tofp. It's all related, as the relativists say.