BOOM!

jldeleon

Barefooters
Apr 9, 2011
Oregon
I finally stopped thinking about it and am actually doing it. I am going to be learning how to make costumes over the next couple of months, I even hired a costume maker to show me how - since I've never even used a sewing machine. My ultimate goal is to become a costume maker specifically for runners, meaning, I will modify them to stay on, prevent chafing, etc. for use in everything from ultramarathons to obstacle courses. I will eventually make Tarahumara costumes as well, but since they look like they are wearing "Depends" to me, I have to start with something a bit, sexier...lol. So, here are the two I am going to be focusing on -Aztec warriors! I will need a volunteer to wear the prototype, eventually.

th-4.jpgth-9.jpg

Not sure about that...he knows I still have dreams of rigging it to fall off. :D That first time was just to lure him into trusting that I wouldn't. ;) Perhaps I could even do it, remotely. Lol!

Fascinating!

BTW, I've moved this thread to the Gear & Footwear forum with a redirect that will expire in one day.

I am SOOOOO excited! So, my costume maker instructor is super good. AND - she INADVERTENTLY happened to mention to me that there IS such a thing as DISSOLVABLE THREAD! And it dissolves in WATER!!! Whoo-hoo!!! My dream just came true!!!

make sure i'm not at that race either.

I am SOOOOO excited! So, my costume maker instructor is super good. AND - she INADVERTENTLY happened to mention to me that there IS such a thing as DISSOLVABLE THREAD! And it dissolves in WATER!!! Whoo-hoo!!! My dream just came true!!! MUAH-HA-HA-HAAA!

LOL @ Jen.

Not sure if I should admit it or not :D but I've done cosplays in the past, and made them all myself. Toyed with the idea of making something for a halloween type run but pretty sure I've foregotten how to operate a sewing machine in the last 15 years lol.

Reactions: jldeleon
Measurements have been taken, the first part has been ordered, and once I get this, the REAL fun begins!!! Muah-ha-haaa! But, before I attach anything to it, or cut anything off it, maybe Mike should walk around his neighborhood in it, first. Lol!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BL7N6CU/ref=twister_B007AISF7K

Dork - that's NOT how it's going to look when I am done.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts