Bone Density In Barefoot Runners

Wayne Whiting

Barefooters
Mar 8, 2012
Any research on bone density in barefoot runners? I went to a health screening yesterday sponsored by the local running shoe store. They had a bone density device there I have never seen before. Something that measured sound waves through the malleous and came up with a "T-score." My value came in at 2.3 which he said was the highest of the day. I'm 66.

Any research on bone density in barefoot runners? I went to a health screening yesterday sponsored by the local running shoe store. They had a bone density device there I have never seen before. Something that measured sound waves through the malleous and came up with a "T-score." My value came in at 2.3 which he said was the highest of the day. I'm 66.

Encouraging ! :cool:

I understand high impact exercise is good for our bones' strength/density. I would think that wearing thick cushioning would interfere or lessen that. To me, it would reason that running barefoot would strengthen our bones more than running in today's traditional/conventional running shoes.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts