Blood blister!

Bill B

Barefooters
Dec 28, 2012
Alberta, Canada
First actual barefoot run of the year was Friday! Took my shoes off and ran the last mile or so bare feet. When I got home I noticed a small blood blister while showering on my fourth toes, on the pad. Thoughts? Feet not tough enough yet? Thanks!!

I'm maybe not the best person to give advice as barefoot running is pretty new to me. I ran 5km a couple of weeks ago and got blood blisters on 3 toes. Nothing too serious though. It was only my second barefoot run so I am guessing my technique was maybe not the best. I was most likely pushing off instead of lifting my feet. Although to be honest I cant tell the difference yet. Haha!
Todays run of 9k in VFF and then 6k barefoot left no blisters though.

I reckon its just a case of getting back into things for your part :)

Reactions: Barefoot Dama
I had toe blister issues on a lot of my barefoot runs. I would 'grip' the road, for lack of a better term, and kinda scrunch my toes befor I lifted. This would create a drag of my toes as I lifted. Since I have long arsed monkey second and third toes, they would blister and callous.

I no longer run skin to ground, so take it fwiw; there is something mechanical causing it most likely; pushing, twisting, sliding, and dragging are all possible sources. Or it could be something completely different.

...and yes Lee, I'm on spring break. Be ready for my post count to rise!

I had toe blister issues on a lot of my barefoot runs. I would 'grip' the road, for lack of a better term, and kinda scrunch my toes befor I lifted. This would create a drag of my toes as I lifted. Since I have long arsed monkey second and third toes, they would blister and callous.

I no longer run skin to ground, so take it fwiw; there is something mechanical causing it most likely; pushing, twisting, sliding, and dragging are all possible sources. Or it could be something completely different.

...and yes Lee, I'm on spring break. Be ready for my post count to rise!
This is what I tend to do, grip the ground with my toes. I have to consciously focus on not doing that when I catch myself doing it. Usually only happens when I'm tired and fatigued.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts