Best run

JosephTree

Barefooters
Sep 7, 2010
Near Valley Forge, PA
I don't know exactly what did the trick, but last night I had one of my best runs in long time.

I hadn't been able to get out in 6 days due to schedule crunch and miserable hot sweaty weather. Last night, though, the air changed after a rainy day and the sun came slicing through the evening and I couldn't stand sitting down another minute. I ran the roller over my legs, pulled on shorts, shirt (pre-dampened) and ID leg bracelet and lit out. The paved path was mostly dry and altogether comfortably cool. The air, though still humid, was cooling and moving gently. The flowering trees and field flowers were knocking themselves out to sweeten the air, making up for time lost to the rain, I guess. I was almost hallucinating the perfume was so strong. The evening bird song was perfect accompaniment, with Catbirds and Redwing Blackbirds calling their guts out in the open field areas and Wood Thrush doing their evensong meditation in the trees.

Also, for some reason, my legs and lungs were on best behavior, and decided that they wanted me to run fast for a while. That stretch was on a long downhill, granted, but I haven't felt that freeing of the hip joints and power in motion in a long, long time.

So, anyway, I just wanted to share a bit with you, my friends.

I think it was all that singing... Hee.