Best NB Minimus for Road Running?

Joe Riff

Barefooters
Sep 12, 2010
Has anyone here tried the NB Minimus Trail or Life/Wellness for road running? Any comments or impressions on which would be the better option. I got to see pre-producion models for all three of the Minimus offerings last October, and I could tell off the bat that the Road model has too much sole for me.

I'm looking for a shoe for long runs (15+ miles) and races (half to full marathon) with a little more protection than my Feelmax or huaraches. I know some of you run full marathons completely barefoot, but I currently do not have that ability.

I've read comments at the bottom of reviews where people have said they are using the Trail or Life for road running, but nothing in depth. Any thoughts?

Even though it's probably the

Even though it's probably the slimmest version of the Minimus, it still has a ridiculous amount of sole for a minimal shoe (11mm at the toes, heel at 15mm). That's not far off from the Road version, which is 16mm at the heel and 12mm at the forefoot. It really is made to be a trail shoe, so a bigger sole makes sense for that application.

Instead of looking for more protection than your current shoes to go longer distances, work up to those distances in your current shoes. It will help you avoid injury, and save you $100. Just sayin...

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test