Best barefoot trail 'shoe'?

Thanks Jason!  Looks like

Thanks Jason! Looks like I'll be forking it out for the Evo IIs. I'll just have to deal with the lack of traction until February. I would rather sacrifice that than have to run with the dead feeling rockplate in the mt100's.

They're still shoes, but a

They're still shoes, but a tad more minimal than the NB 100s/101s. Try the New Balance 507RG. It's a cross country racing flat. Right now for $49. Wide sizes available. I got mine for $44 with free shipping, but you have to lurk around to get that.

http://www.shopnewbalance.com/newbalanceRX507RG.htm

6.9oz. Built for trails. Not high priced, because, well, they're racing flats, and thus not new and sexy "minimal" shoes which seem to command a price increase. Weird. They do have a rock plate under the forefoot, but if you're going to be flying over really rough terrain, you'll appreciate it. Don't worry about the four rubber "spikes." They'll either wear down, or you can cut them off.

I loved trail running in my

I loved trail running in my KSO Trek's... I was told to try out my Bikila's in the woods but never did, and returned them to REI due to manufacturing defects... I think the Trek Sports would be really nice as well, especially in the summer.