Barefoot strategy for restrooms

JosephTree

Barefooters
Sep 7, 2010
Near Valley Forge, PA
I had a major brainstorm in the midst of my Sunday morning run in Valley Forge Nat'l Park. I rarely need to stop, but this time I was thirsty and the water fountain was right next to the restroom, and I must have felt inspired. So I walked in and the place was not too bad, but very...moist, with humidity coating the walls and floor. I didn't feel like standing in front of the urinal with squishiness under my toes, and realized that I could just as easily and much more happily pee in the sink. I washed hands and rinsed sink after. What's not to like?

Girls can just be jealous, I guess.

Oh lord...one more reason to be leary of sinks...

You PISSED in the SINK?!?!?!?!!?! :yuck:

Makes me think about Florida and restrooms at the beach, waterpark, or the pool. I suppose I'm less inclined to worry, if I can make myself believe that the puddle at the toilet/urinal might be due to a dripping swimsuit, rather than poor aim.

Reactions: Bare Lee
remember kiddos. urine is sterile and safe to drink. if that doesn't help than you can always say you're treating your feet for athletes foot.

remember kiddos. urine is sterile and safe to drink. if that doesn't help than you can always say you're treating your feet for athletes foot.
Urine is only safe to drink in small doses mike, although even that has it's hazards. If you tried to drink it as your main source of fluids (think survival situations) you could possibly die or get very sick. Urine contains high sodium and minerals which were already excreted out of the body, which when drank in mass quantities can cause dehydration. Not to mention if someone has any sort of bacteria infection, say of the urethra, you can then spread that bacteria infection.

Reactions: Bare Lee

Well, unless it came from a person with a urinary tract infection. But then, we all have this thing called "skin" that keeps out pathogens, so even if you step in all sorts of stuff, it'll stay on your outside. (And then get wiped off shortly after you leave the
icky bathroom).

I wrote more about it here: http://ahcuah.wordpress.com/2012/09/15/barefoot-in-bathrooms/

That's the most common thing that comes up after people tell me "I would love to but what about..."
Surpringly the majority instantly get it when I explain how there are germs on the floors and that's WHY it's important not to tread your shoes into there.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test