Barefoot running with a shoddy!

Bill B

Barefooters
Dec 28, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Went on a couple of runs for the first time with a human partner. Ran with my BIL who has been shod running since 1972. Couldn't believe the difference in styles! Classic head chasing heel striker! He noted how relaxed I looked. Big thing was how loud his foot falls were. Glad I'm not "there" anymore!

I got a buddy I run with from time to time, he is a classic heel striker who is not in bad shape, but he is a slow cadence, long stride heel pounder, its glaringly obvious everytime we run how much more effort he is exerting to run at the exact same pace as me.

Be careful. When I run with shoddies I count, "One, Two, Three, One, Two, Three" (3 steps per second) in my head so I don't match cadence with my partner. It would be BAD to run at 150 steps per minute....

Remember the scene from Dead Poets Society?

You'll just ahve to try real hard not to let your pity show through. Maybe with you there quietly setting a better example he'll realize teh error of his ways.

Maybe, unfortunately I think he may just assume that I am in better cardio shape lol, which is not true lol, he just wastes a whole lot of energy. He is not the adventurist type to put it mildly, I think he thinks I am a freak of nature for being able to run barefoot lol

Reactions: Sid
I got a buddy I run with from time to time, he is a classic heel striker who is not in bad shape, but he is a slow cadence, long stride heel pounder, its glaringly obvious everytime we run how much more effort he is exerting to run at the exact same pace as me.
That's so true! Couldn't believe how much more effort he was spending! When I first started running bare foot, my coach Tina Dubois told me exactly that!

Reactions: I-Did-It (Steve)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts