Barefoot running just one attraction at World Mini Games

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Thanks, Chris. Got an actual address, for the calendar entry?

Thanks guys.

Darkand, can you please take the info in this thread and create a Calendar Entry and save it to Upcoming Events (drop down field at the bottom), not a particular chapter in this case, since this isn't in Northern Ireland? It will give you a chance to learn how to do this for your new chapter (Northern Ireland). If you have trouble, please PM me. Thanks!

Reactions: Darkand
Added! I've had word back from the organisers. There's no actual barefoot event but they are trying to break a Guinness world record for the worlds largest barefoot race.
Here's what they said.

"The headline is a little misleading. We will be doing a barefoot race, but for the purposes of beating a Guinness World Record for the Largest Barefoot race, which will be a fundraiser for the Irish Heart Foundation.

In terms of a proper competitive barefoot race i'm afraid that won't be happening.

It will be on at 11.30am on the Saturday of the Games, in the UCC Mardyke, and it will only over a distance of 100m (or perhaps less) on the grass, to accommodate the numbers. The barefoot race will take place after the 5k race that morning, which will start at 10am.

In the years to come we would certainly hope to include a proper schedule of races in disciplines like barefoot running."

Disappointing but maybe with some hope for the future!

Reactions: Sid
That's not a shame at all actually. They are attempting to do exactly what you describe which is a positive thing. Did you add this info to the calendar event? Let's hope they break the record. We, the BRS along with Jason Robillard, tried to break the same record about three years ago, and we would have except there was some problem with the accounting of it. Bummer. But it's always good to see each record successively beaten. It's always good press for barefoot running.

I wanted to share in case Jason did not have a chance to check in here...​
Here's a post from Jason on RW:​
And from before the race:​
As far as roll call... this is the crew I can remember of the top of my head: Dama, Snoeshoe Hare, DT Joe, Shacky, kyr, Longboard, UrbanSage, Huang, jscott87, ShelBell, Barefoot Art, TT Mark... I'm sure I am missing a few.​
For the full thread, read here: http://tinyurl.com/2eskpj4 (Removed.)
Good articles and footage of the Guinness WR BFR Run too, BTW. Jason, I stand and applaud you for bringing the event to light and promoting barefoot running and the Barefoot Runners Society. I especially LOVE that Running Times picked this up. MOST EXCELLENT! Outstanding! You leave me begging for more! What's next?​
I AM PROUD!​
I must point out that I could pick Dama's legs and feet out of the blur of bare feet running past the camera. Man, do we know each other or what?​

I'm not finding the event in the Upcoming Events listing. Can you please copy it here for me? Thanks!