Barefoot Relay Team (Florida Event)

This 202 mile adventure-fest

/i/label/gray/florida.gif
This 202 mile adventure-fest will push you and 11 pals from the Gulf of Mexico to the Atlantic Ocean. Starting in Hudson Beach and finishing in Daytona Beach this relay offers runners a unique opportunity to run across the state of Florida as it starts and ends on the beach and runs through trails, back roads and historic downtown areas. The race (and your stamina) wraps up within earshot of the roaring engines of the Daytona 500 and the crashing waves of the Atlantic Ocean.

/i/label/gray/youcando202.gif
Almost anyone can run in this relay race...if you train. During the relay, each team member runs three legs, ranging between 3 and 9 miles and varying in difficulty. So, from the elite runner down to the intermittent jogger, it's the ideal relay for anyone in search of an unforgettable adventure.

/i/label/gray/loademup.gif
How do you get from one exchange to the next? Each team is allowed two support vehicles. The first vehicle will drop off the first runner, drive ahead a few miles, cheer the runner on, and provide them with water, snacks, and plenty of love. That vehicle will then drive ahead to the first exchange point to drop off the second runner and pick up the first runner when that leg is complete. They will repeat this pattern for six legs until they hand off to their second vehicle. This leapfrogging pattern will continue all the way to the finish line.

/i/label/gray/thegoods.gifIn addition to flawless logistics and a beautiful course you will receive:
  • Live music at the finish line!
  • Tech tee's for all participants!
  • Medals for all course finishers!
  • Awards for all division winners!
  • Best decorated vehicle award!
  • Award for the best team name!
  • A rocking finish line party!
  • T-shirts for all volunteers!