Barefoot In America - New music video written and recorded by BRS Member Phil Maffetone (video co-pr

lazyfeet.jpg

Barefoot In AmericaNew music video written and recorded by BRS Member Phil Maffetone (video co-produced by Bill Katovsky)
Special appearances by some BRS members!

On May 1, the world will experience a new kind of revolutionary movement taking place one person, or rather two feet at a time. The Barefoot Runners Society (BRS) will be holding its inaugural International Barefoot Running Day (IBRD). This event is a grassroots effort to promote barefoot running as a healthy and viable way to run. It’s also about having some fun and enjoying the notion of running barefoot with thousands of people worldwide on the same day. Go to the BRS website for a list of events. Think of this as a kind of "Earth Day" for your feet.

18 Apr/11 0“Barefoot in America” — New Music Video by Phil Maffetone

You can feel the excitement toward barefoot and minimalist running spreading across the globe. Coach, endurance fitness author and songwriter Dr. Phil Maffetone has just come out with a new song called "Barefoot in America," whose up-tempo, catchy beat and lyrics just might one day become the movement's very own anthem (at least in the U.S.). Maffetone had spent over 30 years in private practice recommending that his patients and athletes (including several world-champion long-distance runners and triathletes) take off their shoes and experience the health benefits of barefoot therapy. During this period, he also lectured and wrote extensively on how the modern, over-developed running shoe, with its thick sole and built-up heel support led to injuries of all kinds --- foot, ankle, knee, hip, low back and spine. For more about Maffetone and his articles on running, gait, and going barefoot, and to hear his other songs, go here.

The origin of "Barefoot in America" is also a bit unusual. Maffetone explains: "About eight years ago, I quietly retired from private practice and coaching endurance athletes. Instead, I shifted my time and attention to a new interest: I became a songwriter and soon came out with two music CDs. You might call my musical style acoustic-folk-rock. I got to work with many great musicians through my friendship with music producer Rick Rubin. In fact, I became quite close to Johnny Cash. As it were, one of the first songs that I ever recorded in Nashville was 'Barefoot in America.' It's also my hope that singers and musicians in other countries create their own version of my song. Going barefoot knows no borders or restrictions no matter where you live. And it's still something I do every day in Southern Arizona where I now live."

http://zero-drop.com/

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts