Barefoot Cheerleading

Longboard

Chapter Presidents
May 13, 2010
Imagine...cheerleading for an ENTIRE quarter barefoot at Friday's football game!

In Tennessee in October yet!

That pretty much rivals Rick's sub-freezing marathon on snow and ice.

But at least it's for a good cause......what those Honduran kids really need are shoes after all.

Let's hope future plans include sending a team of podiatrists and a shipload of anti fungal meds to the tropical country

to a least put a small dent in the problems they created.

http://daltondailycitizen.com/local/x1190858982/Barefoot-and-on-a-mission

I love this part:

'Several students remarked on the nastiness of going barefoot at school, and some said they wouldn’t enter the bathrooms without a pair of shoes on their feet. Liz Trew skipped the usual protective footwear but did don socks.

“I miss my shoes,” she said. “My feet have been cold ... My feet are getting a little sore even though I am wearing socks.”

Yet Trew and the other students said the discomfort is worth it for the cause they’re supporting.'

Longboard, I walk around

Longboard, I walk around barefoot at school all the time. I will not however walk into the mens bathroom without my huaraches or flip flops on. Creeps me out something fierce.

yeah less about the germs on

yeah less about the germs on the feet and more about the germs from everything else getting on the feet ;)

I carried a pair of hauraches

I carried a pair of hauraches around for the longest time to put on before going into restrooms, eventually I just said f*%K it. Now-a-days I simply walk in and make sure to take a wideish stance to avoid any pi$$ that may have missed target. Shoes are a must if #2 is involved though. I guess the key thing is I simply use my eyes to not step on gross stuff that shouldnt be stepped on.