Are these Minimalist or Reduced Running Shoes?

This has GOT to be what Jesus

This has GOT to be what Jesus wore to walk on water!

Neither.  The ad reads: 

Neither. The ad reads: While most shoe manufacturers are thinking about minimalism these days, a new French company called Hoka OneOne is taking precisely the opposite approach.

trails_hubbles_shoes.gif

I don't get all the hate in

I don't get all the hate in this thread. Elephants need shoes too... :crazy:

Runners World Online did a

Runners World Online did a review on them in which the author claimed they were minimalist because of the ultra soft feel of the soles. Not sure who wrote that, but I'm guessing they didn't do their homework.

I was in K Mart the other

I was in K Mart the other day and saw a girl that had those shape ups on. She looked down and saw my barefeet and was like that must hurt. I said nope feels awesome, and alot healthier than those arks you are wearing. I explained how much better posture you would get bf rather than over rated shoes. ;)

Jimmy Hart wrote: i dont

Jimmy Hart said:
i dont understand why people say things like that. why would we wear them if it hurt? it's obviously not fashion like some other shoes people wear so why?

I only wear my barefeet, it's most comfortable. People say that because they never try barefeet on, and there feet are tender. To me, you can't get more comfortable than barefeet?

Wendy, that's hilarious.  My

Wendy, that's hilarious. My wife does the same thing to weddings and such but usually ends up barefoot by the end of the night. By the way, I saw a big guy running barefoot down Victory Blvd this morning around 6am. It was amazing...as big as he was...he was gliding like an elite.

Hehehe. This thread makes me

Hehehe. This thread makes me laugh! There's a lady I work with that wears those things. I just chuckle inside. I'd say something but I'm sure she spent the bulk of her paycheck on them so she might as well feel like she made a good investment. Who am I to judge anyway? Wait- are those things pricey? I don't even know.
Wendy- I agree. I have been known to wear me a heel or two for a special occasion! My pigs are usually barking by nights end, however, if not sooner!

I'll have to keep an eye out

I'll have to keep an eye out for our newest barefoot guy in Poq.! I think barefoot is totally the way to go for big people, they really need to learn to put their feet down gently. I hear guys say all the time, "I'm big so I need the support." UGH!

Try stopping by Runner's Source and tell the owner you run barefoot, it is fun to watch him try to keep his cool J) By the way, the owner of Running Etc. in VB, and Norfolk is very supportive of minimal and BF running and said a while back that he was going to start carrying VFFs