Arch nemesis

Zetti

Barefooters
Feb 17, 2012
So this weekend I was having a BBQ at a nearby park and a little yellow jacket stung my right in the middle of my arch right on the soft meaty part that was not toughened by the BF running! The little bast@rd got me good too. Just gave the wife another reason to say “I told you so”…and another friend to remind me that if I was wearing shoes or even sandals it wouldn’t have happened…….:mad:
Out of pure stubbornness and desire to make a point I still didn't put my sandals back on...:D
The foot is still a little swollen but feeling better

lol.....thanks, I think =)
Just another one of those....dang I wish no one would have seen that incidents. :p

I hate it when the shoddies want to blame our barefooting for everything that happens to our feet.
If the bee had stung you in the hand would they say--see what happens to you for not wearing gloves?
It makes me :mad:
In my recent foot surgery people asked me if the exostosis was caused by my BF running :mad:
It did not.

My daughter got a sting in the ball of her foot a month or so ago playing in the yard. She didn't like the fact that it was on the weight bearing part. We'd let her ice it to reduce the swelling/itching, but it still annoyed her. There is no good spot to get a bee bit on your foot, and no good spot to get a bee bite ever.

The arch seems to be our Archilles heel BFing. I hit a rock under there the other day while watching traffic more closely than the road itself in order to safely cross a road, and I still have a good black and blue spot. I've also had sticks and assorted other items leave their mark on that soft arch under-tissue on occasion, usually when I lose focus for a few seconds and Murphy's Law kicks in. That said, I've had similar injuries through shoes, although these types of obstacles when shod usually lead to rolled ankles due to the nature of the flat, fairly solid running shoe soles.

Reactions: Bare Lee
I once got bitten by several mosquitos while riding my turbo trainer topless, and with the garage door open to watch the thunderstorm outside.

Now I realise I should have been cycling under a mosquito net.

and like most others I've had more sh!t in my feet in the house than outside, perhaps we are looking for hazards more vigilantly out there?

Are you sure you weren't inadvertently earthing? It's easy to get hurt until you learn to control our planet's awesome energy. I would suggest visiting one of the many excellent earthing internet sites as soon as possible. It sounds like you have a gift but don't know how to channel it properly.
hahahahaha.....your killin' me Lee!! You could be right...I should be more focused while shoeless and channel the power of the force...
ElyDave...I agree completly...inside there tend to be a lot more dangerous things on the floor.....but I'm going to be honest and say, that crap hurt! I've stubbed my toe on a coffee table with more grusome side effects, but the suprise of a bee sting to the arch was not enjoyable no matter how you look at it :barefoot:

I can believe that. Early in the summer I was cycling happily along a country lane when a bee flew into one of the air vents on my helmet. I have never stopped so fast, got that helmet off and got that little stripy bugger out of there before he got mad.

I can believe that. Early in the summer I was cycling happily along a country lane when a bee flew into one of the air vents on my helmet. I have never stopped so fast, got that helmet off and got that little stripy bugger out of there before he got mad.
had this when I was driving my motorcycle. Once I took the helmet off it looked like I got socked in the eye it swelled up so much. I got stung right in the corner of my eye......I think I have really bad luck with bees :(

i've been stung twice while driving. once in the back and the other on my innermost thigh. too damn close to the family jewels. still have a scar from that one.

i've been stung twice while driving. once in the back and the other on my innermost thigh. too damn close to the family jewels. still have a scar from that one.

My hubby wasn't so lucky and got it IN the jewels. Next time I said, "I think a bee just flew in the window" he actually took my word for it. Lol. It crawled up his pants. Kinda strange place to crawl, but whatever!!!

They all just wait to say "wouldn't have happened if you were wearing shoes".

To toughen those arches, see if you can find a field of cut alfalfa to run in.

traling+sheep+Nov+2011+007.JPG

Lee with the earthing again. I only believe in it 2 percent, but that's more than religion. Still not sick, 19 months, not even a cold. Don't turn this into a grounding or religion thread - It's about Zetti and his bee sting.:)

Lee with the earthing again. I only believe in it 2 percent, but that's more than religion. Still not sick, 19 months, not even a cold. Don't turn this into a grounding or religion thread - It's about Zetti and his bee sting.:)
When it comes to earthing, I'm a bit of an evangelist, well, even shock jock. I throw dirt at businessmen downtown and fourteen-year-olds at shopping malls to get the message across. But I will mention bees here to keep Zetti's pathetic non-earthing thread alive, hoping you'll eventually see the other 98% light.