anyone still around?

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Sapphira, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Sapphira Barefooters

Message Count:
    seems this chapter is a bit inactive - anyone still around?
  2. Haselsmasher Barefooters

Message Count:
    The question can be answered in a few contexts. :) I'm still around in CO - Ft. Collins to be exact. I'm slightly around when as it pertains to BRS. I come here occasionally and check the forums.

I'm running in minimalist - but true barefoot - not so much.........not this time of year.

Jim

3. GumbyDad Barefooters

Message Count:
    I'm here! up in Woodland Park... looking to increase BF miles this year, but otherwise its minimalist shoes or huaraches
  4. bfshannon Barefooters

Message Count:
    Yep, I'm here in Fort Collins too. Recovering from an injury & a summer/fall full of chaos, but I'm out running a little in VFFs and looking forward to running barefoot again when it warms back up a bit!
  5. Barefoot Mary Barefooters
    1. Colorado
    2. Michigan

Message Count:
    I'm in Denver, myself.
    I went barefoot running the other day actually after a 2 week layoff. My calves are killing me but the skin of my feet are still there, even in the dead of winter!
    I haven't posted on the Barefoot Runners Society since it changed domains.

6. jbmfc Barefooters

Message Count:
    Still around, but only because the site emails me occasionally.

I'm up in Ft.C, still getting out barefoot when temperature allows. 40 and sunny is still comfortable, but colder or no sun and the RunAmocs are back on. The cold season limits barefoot adaptation for me. I find that I regress in distance and form by the time Spring rolls around, mostly because the skin gets thinner and softer when it's not on pavement. In Nov I may be at 6-8mi. barefoot, but I'm back to 3-4 by the time it warms up again. This seems to be the pattern since about 2009, so I guess long-term I'm really a minimalist.
  7. dbarch Barefooters

Message Count:
    Longmont is my home. I run in VFF's also and this winter has been fabulous for being on paths and trails. Have had no problem running on snow as long as it's packed and cold. The more minimalist and barefoot the better my joints feel.
  8. Todd Gowen Barefooters
    1. Colorado
    2. Wyoming

Message Count:
    Yup - I'm in South East Denver Cherry Creek and Holly if anyone wants to barefoot run near me let me know. Have been running in my 5 fingers but as warm as its been guess I should have been bare footin?
  9. Higher Running Barefooters
    1. Colorado

Message Count:
    I'm in Loveland and run in minimal shoes only. Not too much BF running cause of an injured toenail I sustained over a year ago and now like a bit of toe protection.

GO Soft Star Shoes!

:)
  10. Jennn Barefooters
    1. Colorado

Message Count:
    Yep - I'm around too - Denver West here. I had a busy/stressful fall and let that become a (bad) excuse for not running. The pattern stuck and I haven't been running very much at all this winter either, but I'm working on changing that. Sticking with running in my VFF's for now.
  11. JBird Barefooters
    1. Colorado

Message Count:
    I'm in Park Hill in Denver. I try to run barefoot when the weather is warm. I typically use huaraches and tabi socks in colder weather. I haven't been running much for a month due to back issues (unrelated to running). I'm slowly getting my running legs back.
  12. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Seems to me like you all have a "potential" active chapter to me. So what's the hold up?

13. Steven Sashen Barefooters

Message Count:
    Oh, and obviously, WE (Xero Shoes) are still around.

And right next door to our new office is www.dizzysdonuts.com and a great micro-brewery.

Shall we have a donut/barefoot/brew event?
  14. Higher Running Barefooters
    1. Colorado

Message Count:
    did somebody say donuts?!
    Barefoot TJ likes this.
  15. Haselsmasher Barefooters

Message Count:
    Hey Steve - it was great seeing you and your wife on Shark Tank. Great job!

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  16. Steven Sashen Barefooters

Message Count:
    GOURMET donuts!
    Higher Running likes this.
  17. Steven Sashen Barefooters

Message Count:
    Thanks... we're really happy with how it turned out (THRILLED that they did the segment with us at home where we got to tell our story and explain a BIT about barefoot)
  18. Sapphira Barefooters

Message Count:
    haha cool! good to see there are a few of you - this forum looked so dead this part anyways =)
  19. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Hopefully, the chapter president(s) will start getting some runs together for you guys. ???? :)