Anyone still active in the Las Vegas area?

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by rickwhitelaw, Dec 16, 2011.

1. rickwhitelaw Barefooters
    1. Utah

Message Count:
    Hello. Is anyone still active in the Las Vegas area? I come down there several times a year and am thinking about entering some of the races down there. Also, I will be in Las Vegas December 18 and 19 and plan to hike in Red Rocks on the 18th. Any recommendations on trails? Thanks.

Rick W.

2. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    I don't hear much out of that

I don't hear much out of that chapter, a bit inactive. Please feel free to post a message through the actual chapter under the Chapters tab though.

3. Chaserwilliams Barefooters

Message Count:
    I think I remember a few "Las

I think I remember a few "Las Vegan" (is that what you call people from there? Vegans?) barefooters, but they might have been at that other place... You might see if you could show them the light and bring them over here!

4. rickwhitelaw Barefooters
    1. Utah

Message Count:
    Hi TJ,Sorry, when I posted

Hi TJ,

Sorry, when I posted in the chapter forum it went out to the main forum. This has happened before (sedona marathon that I tried to post to the Arizona forum). Still new here so I'll try to figure it out. Thanks.

@chaser - being vegan is a level way beyond me. Maybe they are Las Vegasians? They are probably active and out running in their nice weather and not stuck inside on their computers like I am.

Rick

5. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    I meant using the Chapters

I meant using the Chapters tab on the main menu, locating Nevada-Las Vegas, and use Create Chapter Posting. Then an email will be sent to each of the members of that chapter; otherwise, you may never get a response in the Nevada forum.

6. rickwhitelaw Barefooters
    1. Utah

Message Count:
    OK, I'll try that.  I'm

OK, I'll try that. I'm really new to all of this. I don't have a facebook, I have never twittered, skyped, or anything else. I can barely use e-mail and text. Thanks for the coaching TJ.

Rick

7. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Wait!  Didn't I just read in

Wait! Didn't I just read in another post your wife is complaining about all the time you spend here? I would think you would be an old pro at it by now. Hee. ;-)

8. rickwhitelaw Barefooters
    1. Utah

Message Count:
    Yes, I was just kidding in

Yes, I was just kidding in the other post. She doesn't complain, just teases me. She's got about a 1000 to 1 ratio on her facebook hours to my BRS hours.

Rick

9. migangelo Barefooters
    1. Oregon
    2. California -...

Message Count:
    i thought i tried that in the

i thought i tried that in the summer but it wouldn't allow me to create since i wasn't a member. i ended up emailing the chpater pres twice, no response. can you create a chapter posting without being a member? if not that would help a lot for people who travel.

10. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    We're discussing this very

We're discussing this very thing on the BETA site. This was my response there when asked this very same thing:

I'm sure it would require "everyone" to have access to a group in order to post comments to it. I would prefer not to allow everyone who is not a member access to groups they don't belong too. On top of that, it's too much overhead to manage. We deal with enough questions from members that belong to a group as it is. If they want to post in a group, they can simply become a member of that group. It only involves one or two extra clicks from them.

As for your not getting a response from the chapter president, I wish you would have let me know that then. Apologies. I will let Kitty know that this chapter is inactive and point her to this thread.

11. Kittyk Barefooters
    1. Ohio
    2. Test Chapter

Message Count:
    Hi, It seems as if the

Hi,

It seems as if the Chapter President is on active duty in Afganistan. He has asked if anyone wants to step up as CP, but there was no reply.

I'll bump up the request for a new CP, so it's more profile. If you know anyone who wants to take over the role, please let me know.

Thanks

kate