Any hashers?

"I do not recommend it...nor

"I do not recommend it...nor will i stop."

Best quote ever.

My running club does a beer

My running club does a beer run (chug beer every mile - never been because I can't drink beer) and last year they competed against the hashers and joked they needed a handicap. It always sounded fun in college when my friend did it. I was totally out of touch with running at that point in my life, but it was thinking about hashing that made me first want to run.

Hash running can severly

Hash running can severly dehydrate the liver and cause liver damage! Even though I have had a couple of beers before a bf trail run and the sweat poured of me. I guess I love punishing my liver lol? On a health standpoint and looking at it on a form issue, I have to agree with The Greginator, it's probably not the most wise decision considering the cons involved. But, fun never the less ;).

photo (31).JPG Diane and I did our first ever Hash event yesterday. I had heard of the Motown-Ann Arbor Hash House Harriers before, but never did check them out.
It was the group's Best Party Dress run. Diane said she would loan me a dress, I said I'd wear it if every single guy there was wearing one.
Next year I'll wear a sexier one.
Edit: I've now tried all four directions of rotation and they STILL all come out sideways. Any tips?

Wow! Talk about resurrecting a thread! I saw names earlier in the thread Ihaven't seen in years!

LB, I am deeply impressed by your fashion sense.

Did you wear anything on your feet? ...or a bra?

Haven't had anything on my feet in months and months except while in treatment rooms with patients. I was the only guy without fake boobs there.....but they are some serious runners. If I added that handicap I'd never come close to following the Hare and I'd get lost!

Reactions: JosephTree
I was gonna post something on

I was gonna post something on this, but I figured I should do a search to avoid polluting the board with repeat posts.
I have a few thoughts on the subject of BFR hashing.

1. Do you think the alcohol consumption associated with hashing is inherently more hazardous to BFRers? E.g. reduced coordination, impaired perception, altered decision making, etc. So much of BFR safety is based on the ability to recognize hazards (even tiny ones) and deftly avoid them. Also, I wonder if you might see a degradation in form associated with intoxication. Granted, I've never done any hashing, so I'm not sure how much alcohol we're talking about here.

2. Due to the unpredictable nature of hash runs, carrying a pair of minimal shoes is probably a good idea, even for hard core barefooters. You know that mythical place all the opponents of BFR seem to think is so common, the glass strewn plateau? On the off chance this place exists, hashers will find it (or something similarly hazardous to bare feet). So even if it's just a $5 pair of Walmart AquaSocks stuffed in your back pocket or CamelBak, I for one would rather bring 'em and not need 'em than the alternative.

3. And this is possibly the most important point: if you DO choose to bring no shoes at all, what will you drink your beer out of at the end?

Oh come on! Everyone knows drunks never get hurt!!

Reactions: dutchie53
Yesterday one of the Hashers posted a group photo that was taken the day Diane and I ran with them to the Downtown Detroit Runners and Walkers Facebook page. We've been outed!
What a crew, huh? For some reason no onlookers seemed to notice our feet!
image.jpg

Reactions: DNEchris