(Another) (much more awesome) Merrell Trail Glove Review

I can't post on your blog so

I can't post on your blog so I'll ask my questions many questions here.

Is the trail glove adequate enough to haul ass downhill without regard to what you are landing on?

Do you know what width the unshoes straps are? I am assuming they are nylon right?

You still thinking about MovNat? I was browsing his website and it said that some of his seminars are indoors? It looked very similar to crossfit... Oh well, if you do decide to go to boulder for a seminar next year let me know. Maybe I can set some free lodging in the mountains up for you? The only condition is you have to spill.

I wore mine all last week and

I wore mine all last week and like you I came away with the "clown shoe" impression. I reverted back to the Treks this week.

Still can't wait to get healthy and give them a shot on the trails.

Abide wrote:I can't post on

Abide said:
I can't post on your blog so I'll ask my questions many questions here.

Why not? Too good to follow me Dude? ;)

Is the trail glove adequate enough to haul ass downhill without regard to what you are landing on?

Yes. I stepped on a few huge rocks and barely felt anything. For as minimal as they are, they have really surprising protection

Do you know what width the unshoes straps are? I am assuming they are nylon right?

It's a nylon blend actually. It's climbing spec tubular webbing, so it's the same stuff that you repel with.

You still thinking about MovNat? I was browsing his website and it said that some of his seminars are indoors? It looked very similar to crossfit... Oh well, if you do decide to go to boulder for a seminar next year let me know. Maybe I can set some free lodging in the mountains up for you? The only condition is you have to spill.

I'm doing the MovNat indoor clinic in Mpls in May. I would do something out of state, but I don't think I'll have enough vacation time.

Good review!I did my forth

Good review!

I did my forth run in the Trail Gloves this week... getting a little better each run. On the trails they are very good but on the roads I can feel the tread a bit sometimes. That negative heel lift thing you mentioned I don't detect but what I do feel is a slightly raised section of thread from the outer half of the ball of the foot over to the outer edge. I looked at it close and it looks slightly raised maybe a little more on the right shoe. My only real gripe is the achilles area is too tall in back so I have to wear socks for now.

I'm hoping these can be an all around shoe after the tread wears down a bit...I'll give them 100 miles or so with plenty of that on pavemet. All my shoes are like clown shoes since I have to get them a little long so the width is right...

Maybe Merrell should have came out with a thinner smoother soled road version instead of the whole line having the lugged sole.

I still like these better than my KSO's which have several problems so I only use them for slow trail runs when its warm out...KSO's have a very limited usefulness for me.

My teenage son wants to make a MovNat course in the woods behind my house...this could be a summer project for sure....now what all should be in this course?

For me, the Trail Gloves are

For me, the Trail Gloves are perfect all-purpose trail shoes when barefoot isn't possible (i.e. long ultras, winter, etc.) Road performance isn't as good as other options out there. Currently I'm experimenting with VFF Komodos, though they have WAYYYY too much cushioning.

I asked Erwan the difference between Crossfit and MovNat in NY last year. He said Crossfit trains you to be a great athlete in a Crossfit gym, MovNat teaches you to be a great athlete in the rest of the world.
regular_smile.gif

Even though I am a huge fan of Crossfit, I prefer the variety of movement of MovNat. Erwan teaches specific skills to navigate and interact with your environment, which is even ore practical functional fitness. SP, you won't be disappointed.

Ouch, Levi!  That looks like

Ouch, Levi! That looks like some serious shoe damage there in that picture.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11