An interesting observation

Abide

Barefooters
May 13, 2010
We give our children the choice to be barefoot whenever they want. No matter what the surface they have never once asked to wear shoes. In fact they will be running, hiking, walking or playing on surfaces I could only manage to walk on and they never say peep about wearing their shoes. So if given the choice is it innate to want to be barefoot?

My children prefer to be

My children prefer to be barefoot as much as possible, and I let my children run around in the backyard (and it's huge with all sorts of prickly things) barefoot. My hubby tells them to put their shoes on. I tell him to hush and let them be children. Let them enjoy the sensations only their feet can bring, and yes, that means the sensations that come from stepping on something prickly. I have a cabinet ready and full of band-aids and ointments. So, I guess I'm a bad momma.

Thank you, Kean, and I must

Thank you, Kean, and I must agree, especially after seeing this brought to my attention by Barefoot Larry a few minutes ago:

http://www.adventureinprogress.com/lucs-barefoot-transformation

LucBefore-AfterTransitioning.gif

My feet actually did the

My feet actually did the same, when I use to wear shoes all the time my toes were overlapping each other. now they are splayed out and have room to wiggle! I love my feet with the freedom of not being enclosed by shoes ;)

My kids are always barefoot,

My kids are always barefoot, they prefer to be. I only have them put shoes on when we have to venture into public places, as much as I love to be barefoot...I'm not willing to go there just yet. Though Max, my 5yr old, goes everywhere barefoot, even into the stores (though I usually stick him into the cart).

Try it out Zumba, most people

Try it out Zumba, most people don't really care and it is pretty infrequent that anyone will same something. People are more apt to say something to you about your kids than they will about you.

My littlest is barefoot all

My littlest is barefoot all the time (4yo). My middle kid (8yo) likes her flip-flops, plus Mom has her conditioned to always wear shoes. My son and I are the rebels and are trying to convert the rest.

My wife hates it when I don't wear shoes in public... but you can't beat the feeling of freedom. It's kind of like riding a motorcycle... so free feeling!

Steve

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test