Am I the only one?

Abide

Barefooters
May 13, 2010
Everytime I see a thread about shoes my eyes gloss over, happen to anyone else?

I know I am a dick, sorry but it's the truth. Oh did I mention I hate gear, shopping, innovation... I am becoming an old man.

The "which shoe to get"

The "which shoe to get" forums give me a similar reaction. I have been happy to give shoe advice in the past, but as I use them less and less, not only have I lost interest in the topic, but I feel like I don't have as much knowledge to share.

And yes...you're a crotchety old man.

Oh yea, you're old.Anyways,

Oh yea, you're old.

Anyways, I do get the same feeling..so that means I am old too?

Peanut wrote:.... Christmas

Peanut said:
.... Christmas shopping!!! OY VEY!

First time I've seen those two phrases used together ever!

Barefoot Dama wrote:Oh yea,

Barefoot Dama said:
Oh yea, you're old.Anyways, I do get the same feeling..so that means I am old too?

Yep, we're ALL old!

So here is another one, there

So here is another one, there always used to be a list of things I would want to purchase. Money would always burn a whole in my pocket and if I had some spare cash I would definitley use it within a week. Now I just don't have a desire to buy anything. I'll have $100 to spend and it'll just sit in my wallet for 6 months until my wife takes it out and uses it. How times change.

Longboard -  My heritage is

Longboard -

My heritage is quite the hodgepodge so I get to make ALL kinds of jokes! Can be a lot of fun.
bigsmile.png

And all you silly, silly people talking about being old.

OK - here's one way to make you feel younger -

When My hubby was a kid he actually had one of those phones where you had to crank the darn thing to get the operator who asked to whom you wish to speak. They only had a radio, too. Neither his nor my family didn't get a tv until the early 50's.

Hope that helps you feel younger, now.

BUT, ya know, age is all in yer head kiddos!!!! So I'm really only a kid!!!
wink.png

Peanut, I totally agree with

Peanut, I totally agree with you! Age, or lack thereof, is all mental. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :)

Yeah...I started barefoot

Yeah...I started barefoot running because I was too poor to keep buying goshdarn Mizunos every few months. I sprained the tops of both my feet because I went cheap and didn't buy new shoes...SO YES. BENNY GOODMAN HERE.

A week ago I would've told you I hated shoes because usually I do really hate them (even/especially the super-marketed ones. *gag*) BUT my mother-in-law just sent me my Xmas present...a $100 cheque to buy whichever Soft Star moccasins I want. So...yeah. I'm getting the suede ones with chocolate tops and red heels. There goes the bitterness.

I am still very young and un-bitter! But that only makes me more gullible....hah.

Peanut wrote:When My hubby

Peanut said:
When My hubby was a kid he actually had one of those phones where you had to crank the darn thing to get the operator who asked to whom you wish to speak. They only had a radio, too. Neither his nor my family didn't get a tv until the early 50's. Hope that helps you feel younger, now.

I still don't have a TV? That means I am still living in the 40s huh?

Cool MIL, Mary!

Cool MIL, Mary!

I like shopping, that is

I like shopping, that is where all the hot chicks are at. It keeps me young you old farts!

Miker, I just read your bio

Miker,

I just read your bio and it looks like you and your honey must be great parents. Congrats on all of you loving activities that include being outdoors and running etc etc!!!!!!

All three of my kids played basketball ( even my son who is barely 5'6" who made varsity B Ball in 9th grade - whoo hoo ).

My sons played little league, x country and soccer. AND, get this, all three of them took ballet! My oldest son now swears that is why he became such a great basketball player!

So, YES, I congratulate you and yours to keep up having fun together and seeking your own indiviual achievements.

And to Kylie - I do so love horses. We live in a little apt so can't have one but whenever I am around them I love to give them Reiki. They soak it up and we develope such a lovely relationship. They are just wonderful creatures!!!!

Peace, light and recycle,

Peanut

DNE chris -You may have

DNE chris -

You may have heard the expression, "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"? Well,

in NYC Christmas shopping begins with a single " oy".

Shoe discussions remind me of

Shoe discussions remind me of two things. 1) I live in a cold climate, which can have its drawbacks in the Winter. 2) I'm not focused or tough enough to learn to run barefoot in super cold weather or in serious snow.

Barefoot TJ wrote:Cool MIL,

Barefoot TJ said:
Cool MIL, Mary!

Why thank you. She's a big hiker and has found better joint health walking in her VFF Treks, so she understands the barefootedness...My mother, on the other hand, is quietly concerned for my mental health. Hahahah. :p

Matt wrote:Shoe discussions

Matt said:
Shoe discussions remind me of two things. 1) I live in a cold climate, which can have its drawbacks in the Winter. 2) I'm not focused or tough enough to learn to run barefoot in super cold weather or in serious snow.

Yeah me too, then I realize I am a huge wimp because 40f is cold for me.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts