Altra Superior

I wanted to make another report, I've been wearing them now since October, I think I likely have the first production line as I got them the week they were released. I've put roughly 400 miles of technical trails on them. They are ripping more noticeably in the same are on both sides of the shoes, to the point where I think I will have to replace them. The area affected is where the uppers attach to the sole right around the ball of my foot. The sole and everything else is still in great shape so I will use them on shorter runs. I'm replacing because I don't want it to rip more during a race. I'll post a pic later if anyone is interested. They still offer great protection on the trail and overall I am very happy with them. Oddly enough I am kind of wishing they made a dropped trail version of the superior.

Just out of curiosity how long do other trail shoes last people?

Abide, I saw this pic on Altra's Facebook and became worried. Are you having the same problem? (I tried to copy and paste the photo but it came out too large. I have no idea if this link will work.)

www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200925841167418&set=o.119256268114069&type=1&theater

A few of my trail shoes - I don't have exact mileage, just a guess.

Vibram KSO Treks - I wore a hole in between the toes after 20 miles. Continued to use by taping, put another 200 miles on them before retiring.

Merrell Trail Gloves - Around 400 miles. No material or tread wear, just became too tight on my feet - retired.

Unshoes Wokova - At least 300 miles. Still use, no problems.

Altra Lone Peak - Not much running, some hiking, a lot of abuse from work. Only one small tear in the stitching near the toe.

NB MT 110 winter - toe started separating from the gaitor after a few hikes. Had to use some shoe goo to reseal them.

Yep thats exactly where mine is ripping as well.

Interesting, the first comment about the rock plate cutting it?

599600_10200925841167418_518117434_n.jpg

Thanks for the comparison, I figure I have gotten plenty of life out of them then. I'll buy another pair and if I have the same issue maybe then I would return that pair? I have to admit though running with the hole kind of helps keep my foot cool...

Watch out for the sizing in the Altra Superiors, at least on Men's shoes. I wear an 11 in everything including Altra Instincts, but in the Altra Superior, I wear a 12! I took out the inserts and laid them on top of each other, and they were *exactly* the same size. Some people here recommend going up 1/2 a size. I recommend going up a full size.

Yep, I had the same issue with sizing and ended up giving them away. Will consider them again when they come out with their 1.5 version. For now, the New Balance MT110 in a wide size are working out nicely for me. I like not having insoles, very comfy.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test