Altera Running shoes

Ooh, those look cool!

Ooh, those look cool!

Yes, I've seen this ad

Yes, I've seen this ad before. They look just like the OneFinger we've been looking for.

Jimmy, can you contact them?

They look good but it would

They look good but it would depend on width across the fore foot. I like the way the VFFs let my toes spread. I have a pair of Feelmax shoes but find them too tight across the toes to run in, even a bit tight for general wear to be honest.

I guess that's the clever bit with the VFFs. The Feelmax are a bit too tight for me but if they were wider they might be to wide for you....doesn't work like that with the VFFs though. Very clever!

lapoianavecchia wrote:They

lapoianavecchia said:
They look good but it would depend on width across the fore foot.

They do say they have a wide toe box & narrow heel. Fingers crossed...

Dude!!!!!Solves one of my

Dude!!!!!

Solves one of my recent "pet-peeves" about the VFFs... The toes are cool and such, but I get VERY ANNOYED when grass, twigs, MORE GRASS and PLANTS get stuck between the toes...

Guess, I'll just run barefoot, eh?!!?

Seriously, though a good winter option, possibly, if it has some traction... or I'll stick with my SCUBA BOOTIES....

Jimmy--I just sent out a

Jimmy--I just sent out a quick Tweet to them, and heard back quickly. Maybe you'd have luck contacting them through Twitter or FB.

Great tip, Beth.  Try that

Great tip, Beth. Try that please, Jimmy.

Thanks, Lava!

I have had some communication

I have had some communication with Jeremy of Altra, I invited him to join us here.

Actually guys I had some

Actually guys I had some great talks with Brian, the Owner, Founder, Designer, and I think everything else over there at what is now called Altra. Here's what he shared with me.

The Adam is the most minimal, it has a 3mm sole, and weighs in at 4.7 ozs.

The Instinct has an 8mm sole and weighs in at 9 ozs.

I'm excited about both of these as I can see the Instinct being a great daily wear shoe that will be like a recovery shoe for the feet.

I should be getting a pair of both of these shoes so I can test and review them later on this year when they start production so I'll keep you guys posted.