Africans want your UN-wanted shoes. (satirical rant)

Tre Asay

20150320_110729.jpg

Thats right! there is nothing more that a hungry child in a third world country wants than to stick his/her feet into your ill fitting, worn out, and smelly old shoes! Just imagine the pain you feel when you step on a lego but constantly, forever. They just have to deal with the pain their entire lives without feeling the comfort and protection of shoes that enlightened civilized people take for granted. So why don't you help them overcome this natural flaw that all people are born with and give them your old shoes?
Or this is just a crazy theory, we could send them brand new durable rubber flip flops that can be made for almost nothing, will last a lot longer, and not give their already wider feet bunions and other foot problems. Seriously though this is a terrible idea that will cause foot problems as people inevitably send their narrow, designed-for-already-damaged-western-feet shoes. Aren't there still people starving and dying of diseases everywhere? I think that efforts could be possibly be better spent elsewhere than preventing a few minor foot lacerations.
I went to Peru for three weeks last year and the odd thing I saw but didn't notice is that no one was barefoot anywhere They were just like Americans perhaps just with cheaper brands of tennis shoes. Heck, I have seen more children/ young women walking around barefoot here in Idaho than in Peru.
I think that bare-footers will always be a fringe group, after all it is impossible for the regular folk to imagine walking across the street barefoot without pain and once a generation is hooked all of their children will be as well. I think people see a wealthy lifestyle to be desirable and barefoot is seen as poverty.